M-class Concierge class cabins

DonnaK

My sister booked a concierge class guarantee on the Summit (Aug 17) and we are waiting anxiously for the cabin to be assigned (I check the reservation compulsively)

Are there any "bad" concierge class cabins? Anything we should be concerned about?

Just know that when you receive your assignment, if unhappy you can ask to be switched to any other available cabin in your exact category.

The ship is practically sold-out, so there might not be much available.

I was just reading the M-class cabin thread that's a sticky at the top of the page, and some of it is very concerning.

Just know that when you receive your assignment, if unhappy you can ask to be switched to any other available cabin in your exact category.

I booked an AQ gty and when I called Celebrity to change my allocated cabin, within the same category, they said it wasn't possible to change .

I have sailed on 25+ Celebrity cruises and I can honestly say I have never been in a 'bad' cabin (and this was way before I knew about this website - maybe even before it existed). Some cabins were better than others, but bad? I would not call any of them bad. My last cruise was in an AQ under the pool area. Many would call that a bad cabin. We had no issues at all, although if I were really picky about noise from above I might not have enjoyed it. We had some noise, but the pluses outweighed the minuses by far.

There are websites I cannot name here where you can see which cabins are still available. That would give you an idea of the possibilities, although last minute cancels/upgrades could change that a bit.

This is not meant to be a jab at you, rather advice to new cruisers who may be reading this thread. Never book a guarantee category if you would not be satisfied with the 'worst' cabin in that category or above. GTY's have reduced prices for a reason, and that reason is risk.

Are there any "bad" concierge class cabins? Anything we should be concerned about?

The only "bad" concierge cabins I'm aware of are those on either side of the Celebrity Suites and outside mid-ship elevators. The balconies taper at one end and make them hardly useable. The ships plans are not accurate for #9094, 9100, 8102, and 8108.

Otherwise, aside from some possible upstairs noise on deck 9, and a bit more movement in those toward the rear, I think they're all essentially the same.

The only "bad" concierge cabins I'm aware of are those on either side of the Celebrity Suites and outside mid-ship elevators. The balconies taper at one end and make them hardly useable. The ships plans are not accurate for #9094, 9100, 8102, and 8108.

Otherwise, aside from some possible upstairs noise on deck 9, and a bit more movement in those toward the rear, I think they're all essentially the same.

Thank you!

We were unfortunate enough to book one of the Conciege cabins next to the suites, and would confirm the balcony is about un useable, you need to be a limbo dancer to get to the seat next to the suite. We had booked from the 2012 UK brochure, which made no mention of a smaller balcony, and we did not find out until about 3 weeks before sailing, when the ship was full. During the cruise they washed the suite windows, and we had lots of water on the balcony, which took 2 days to drain away as the drain was blocked. Much prefered the cabin to a S class one though, Just hopoe you don't get one of these cabins.

PS We did complain, our compensation, a bottle of wine!