Changing to Princess

gr1634

That might be one factor, particularly when it comes to balconies. I think the biggest factors are changing passenger preferences (I don't know anyone who smokes today) as well as the $$$ spent on cleaning and defumigating. Many hotels are now smoke-free.

It wasn't fun back in the days of smoking allowed on balconies if you're allergic to smoke. This was one cruise when I was unable to enjoy the balcony I paid a lot of money for.

Ironic, now you can't enjoy the balconies, because they changed the chairs.

Ironic, now you can't enjoy the balconies, because they changed the chairs.
Isn't that the truth! And where you used to get four chairs/half-recliners, you now get two chairs and two low footstools. Hell on the arthritis in my back. I now book oceanviews.

We did a Crown Princess Calif coastal cruise this past April and found the ship far more elegant than anything Carnival has and just frankly enjoyed the entire experience. We are locked in to a 5 day on Triumph in 3 weeks and presently have a 7 day scheduled for Dec on the Magic - will be cancelling the Dec cruise and scheduling the Emerald for the same week.

Good choice on the Emerald.

babe5ahe.jpg

Do take notice of how the Caribe Deck 10 (half covered) is getting as much sun as the uncovered Dolphin Deck 9 and same would be true for Baja Deck 11 (totally covered).

It all depends on the direction and angle of the sun. ;)

LuLu

We have been very "loyal" Carnival cruisers for a lot of years but the new smoking policy is just the last straw in a long line of continual cuts that Carnival has instituted that is forcing us to go elsewhere. I know the smoking policy on Princess is pretty much the same so as I said that is just the latest cut in bennies that Carnival has put in place that put us over the edge.

We did a Crown Princess Calif coastal cruise this past April and found the ship far more elegant than anything Carnival has and just frankly enjoyed the entire experience. We are locked in to a 5 day on Triumph in 3 weeks and presently have a 7 day scheduled for Dec on the Magic - will be cancelling the Dec cruise and scheduling the Emerald for the same week.

Hate giving up the Platinum status but we will get there on Princess.

GR

I'm Diamond on Carnival (208 days) and DH is still Platinum and we're done with them, unless they give us another freebie. Still upset about not being grandfathered as promised. We made Platinum back in 2005 and Milestone in 2010. Just can't stand the DJ's and the rap and hip hop music by the pool, the same tired food, the lack of live music, and the production shows keep getting worse. We sailed the Breeze in March on a freebie and I have never seen such boring decor anywhere. The entire ship is a pale yellow. You are right the Princess ships are so much prettier (so are RCCL's).

We have jumped to both RCCL and Princess. We have cruises booked on RCCL Navigator over Labor Day and on the Liberty of the Seas Nov 2015 and booked the Emerald Princess for Jan 2015. We did Princess Dec 2013 and really enjoyed our cruise so we're going again. We're also booked on MSC for April 2016.

If you can afford it the suite perks are nice on both RCCL and Princess. Much more than you get on Carnival for being Plat/Diamond. You also get double points so you can raise your status faster. We will make Diamond on RCCL in August after only 7 cruises. the last 4 in suites.

Edited by DebJ14

We are Platinum on Carnival also but have switched to Princess. To be honest with you our Dec. cruise coming up is less expensive than anything compared to Carnival. I have not seen any so called "bargains" on Carnival in a while.

I went on my first Princess cruise a little over a year ago and loved it! The entertainment and food puts Carnival to shame.

I also love the automatic OBC you get with Princess for being military.

Were platinum on carnival as well but are trying princess for the cirst time in October, got a way better deal this time on a balcony cabin then Carnival and love the military obc.

We have come over to Princess also. We just got off the Ruby Princess for the British Isles and have booked the Cape and Summer Soltice cruise in Norway for next year.It was just so much nicer than Carnival. We were also on the Legend in the Baltic last year and that had to be the ugliest ship I have ever seen.Talk about tacky...............:(

If it is just DH and I we will not go back to Carnival. If we are taking the son and grandson again in the Med we might give it another try in the Greek Isles.Depends on the price.Grandson is 16 so I don't think he would enjoy Princess but he loves Carnival.He's 16 so definitely has different taste then I do.:D