I asked this on another forum and someone suggested I post it here. Is there an ice bucket in the room? I read that some people take a collapsible cooler in their luggage and ask the steward to keep it filled with ice. I don't know that I want to go to all that trouble, but will have a couple bottles of wine I'd like to keep cold, even if it's one bottle at a time in an ice bucket.

I asked this on another forum and someone suggested I post it here. Is there an ice bucket in the room? I read that some people take a collapsible cooler in their luggage and ask the steward to keep it filled with ice. I don't know that I want to go to all that trouble, but will have a couple bottles of wine I'd like to keep cold, even if it's one bottle at a time in an ice bucket.

Yes, on all my cruises there have been ice buckets in my staterooms. I ask the cabin steward to make sure he brings ice everyday. All my cabin stewards have done so.

Edited by sugarnyc

There may not be an ice bucket in the room initially, but there will be if you ask your stateroom attendant. Also, if you want to keep wine cold, get a plastic bucket from a bar, they are bigger than the normal stateroom ice bucket and will hold more ice.

We always ask for an extra large ice bucket on the first day and ask for ice twice a day. We usually get a large plastic bucket (like you see at the pool). A few times we have gotten large buckets that I am assuming go in suites. When we ask, we always provide a $20 tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Answering your question: If you ask you cabin attendant, they will bring a smallish metal bucket of ice and keep it filled twice a day when they make up the room.

My two cents: Bring your own collapsible cooler and your attendant will keep that filled instead. The metal one are likely not big enough for a bottle of wine and they also tend to sweat. This leaves the desk area covered in water.