Just off the breakaway and the new internet plan is the best thing ever

Odesitka70

I know, that's why I was asking if the OP could to that to make them bigger. Otherwise, they are no help to us trying to find the info. :p

If somebody has posted pictures here as attachments, it's pretty clear that they are not aware of how to post them bigger. That's why it's helpful to give instructions for that also while asking for better pics. :)

We got off the BA on July 6th and the 1000MB plan was only $39 and they noted it was a reduced rate from what it will eventually cost $100. Was the $50 cost also noted as a reduced rate? The service was excellent though. Hope the $50 is the permanent rate.

They had 1000 mb plan listed as $89 and reduced to $50 as a special. When I ask about the price they said they are still testing it out with prices and how people like it.

These pictures are way too small for anyone on here to read. Any way you can enlarge them or post the cost and minutes?

Anyone know when they will roll this out on the other ships?

I guess a dumb question, but is this only for using your own cell phone? Or does this include using your laptop or their computers on the ship?

How would you compare the new "faster" internet service to...say like a little faster than dial up (which is what others described the old service like) or as fast as broadband speed and so on? :confused:

I try multiple times through my phone and iPad and it still comes out small. Sorry I don't know how else to post them. As of right now new internet plan available only on BA and GA. Internet was very fast and work every where aboard the ship. It was best I ever had on any of my previous cruises.

If somebody has posted pictures here as attachments, it's pretty clear that they are not aware of how to post them bigger. That's why it's helpful to give instructions for that also while asking for better pics. :)

Thank you

Thanks for reporting this is fantastic news :-) Now just hoping it goes Fleet wide sooner rather than later.

The internet services manager said that as of right now it'll only be available on BA and GA as a pilot. If it works without any glitch and there is enough demand for it they will roll it out fleet wide. Hope they do.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you (or anyone else) use this plan on your iPad, or just on a computer? If it works just as well on an iPad I would be interested in purchasing it when on the BA in a few weeks. Does it work on an iPhone, without screwing around with your current data plan?

Any info on this would be welcome and appreciated!

Did you (or anyone else) use this plan on your iPad, or just on a computer? If it works just as well on an iPad I would be interested in purchasing it when on the BA in a few weeks. Does it work on an iPhone, without screwing around with your current data plan?

Any info on this would be welcome and appreciated!

I use it on my iPhone and my daughter use it on her iPad. You have to put your device on airplane mode and wifi on.

Here is the FAQs for the new service.

Thank you for this. So I can take my MS Surface and check emails, fb and maybe skype with the little one at home and not use my cell phone and inadvertantly receive texts thus incurring extra cell phone provider charges... We always lock our phones in the safe when we get onboard but this will be the first cruise with a smart phone that has a great camera and may want to use that to take pictures just don't want any cell phone surprise charges when I get home lol

Here is the FAQs for the new service.

Thanks. This one is easy to read on my tablet.

@njsonja, this file gives some examples of MB (size of data being transmitted) usage. Generally speaking, when dealing with a slow connection (as most ships have), paying the for the amount of data used is better than paying by the minute-provided you've set up your device to send/receive only what you want as opposed to background data (notifications, updates, etc. ).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

This sounds like it could be a Very.Good.Thing.

I do wonder, though (ever the skeptic). Maybe the new 4x, near landline speed on the BA made NCL worry that charging for minutes wouldn't earn as much revenue. The good news is that, regardless, connections through their new, "cutting edge" satellite modem are faster and should make it to all their ships soon.

I've never purchased wifi on any ship but would consider one of the cheaper MB plans.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk