Just off the Summit...

colombiangirl

What a great trip!! I will post a review and some pictures as soon as I can. Unfortunately I got off the ship and had to come right to the office. Cabin, crew, food and service were all wonderful!! Bermuda was nice and we decided we are going back!! Ask away if you have any questions. We were AQ and ate in Blu so I can't say anything about the Cosmopolitan Dining Room. I did use spa services and ate in the specialty restaurants if that helps.

We made the choice to get dressed for dinner every night in Blu. On formal nights we chose to dress up extra special but it wasn't necessary. We wanted to take pictures all dolled up, but ended up going back to the cabin to change after photos and dinner. About the photos, purchase the package that includes all your prints and a CD. It is well worth it. The individual pictures can be costly and with the package we ended up with about 72 sheets! I used mycruisephotos.com which was offered directly through Celebrity.

We made the choice to get dressed for dinner every night in Blu. On formal nights we chose to dress up extra special but it wasn't necessary. We wanted to take pictures all dolled up, but ended up going back to the cabin to change after photos and dinner. About the photos, purchase the package that includes all your prints and a CD. It is well worth it. The individual pictures can be costly and with the package we ended up with about 72 sheets! I used mycruisephotos.com which was offered directly through Celebrity.

How much was the package, and did you purchase it pre or post cruise?

I purchased it pre cruise and think it was about $200. Considering that the small pictures were anywhere between $15-20 each and all the 8 x 10 photos were $30 each it was a great value. The best part was getting the CD so I could share all my photos with family and friends on social media.

Glad you had a good trip. I leave In 5 weeks. Can you tell me who your 54 below performer was?

I believe the TENORS OF ROCK will be on while 54 BELOW takes some time off. I do not recall the change date, but the Tenors SHOULD NOT be missed; they put on a FANTASTIC performance on our July 13th sailing!

We also just returned from the Summit - Concierge Class. The Cosmopolitan Restaurant at dinner was incredible each night - I was particularly fond of the Top Chef menu night. I agree that the Tenors show is not to be missed - they were amazing. Also a fan of the juggler (former contestant on America's Got Talent).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wondering about the dress code in Blu on formal nights. Did you eat there then? DH would prefer leaving suit or dinner jacket at home.

He can feel free to leave the dinner jacket at home. Blu is casual every night including formal nights. Coat and or tie is not necessary at all. Enjoy

How much was the package, and did you purchase it pre or post cruise?

We ordered the unlimited package for our August Summit cruise. The cost for a cd and all prints from mycruisephotos was I believe 239. Price varies by sailing and typically a little more on board. A good value!

Just off Summit cruise to Bermuda. We too found the entire experience to be excellent. Celebrity may have dispensed with the chocolates but they have certainly ramped up the food and service which was always very good but is now outstanding. MDR is so much better than two cruises ago. Excellent menu and preparation. The Oceanview Cafe has also improved. We loved the prepared small serving dishes. No one pawing through the food. Seems much more sanitary and the food is presented well. Just a note about the Main Dining Room, also known as Cosmopolitan: They did enforce the dress code every night. No shorts were allowed in the MDR. Two men in our party who were dressed nicely with collared shirts and Bermuda shorts were requested to change on two different nights. We also saw others being turned away. I like that they are enforcing the dress code as it is too confusing if they are not consistent. We really thought Bermuda shorts might be acceptable in Bermuda!:D

I also want to comment on the complimentary drink package which all of the adults in our group had. They loved it and found plenty of drinks they could choose from. They were abundantly served. There is no daily limit and of course juice and bottled water were included along with many special coffees.

This was the 1 2 3 Go package and was a good choice if you are a drinker.:cool:

The Summit is a nicely refurbished older ship which is really beautiful, with a great Captain who is very funny, a great and friendly crew, good food and a great destination in Bermuda. We will be back on her in the fall...love those Canada/New England cruises.

It was one of our best cruises because of all of the above but in addition we had with us our three children with their spouses and all seven of our grandchildren ages 14 to 27 who found this ship wonderful. It was their third cruise so they had something to compare it to.

Just off Summit cruise to Bermuda. We too found the entire experience to be excellent. Celebrity may have dispensed with the chocolates but they have certainly ramped up the food and service which was always very good but is now outstanding. MDR is so much better than two cruises ago. Excellent menu and preparation. The Oceanview Cafe has also improved. We loved the prepared small serving dishes. No one pawing through the food. Seems much more sanitary and the food is presented well. Just a note about the Main Dining Room, also known as Cosmopolitan: They did enforce the dress code every night. No shorts were allowed in the MDR. Two men in our party who were dressed nicely with collared shirts and Bermuda shorts were requested to change on two different nights. We also saw others being turned away. I like that they are enforcing the dress code as it is too confusing if they are not consistent. We really thought Bermuda shorts might be acceptable in Bermuda!:D

I also want to comment on the complimentary drink package which all of the adults in our group had. They loved it and found plenty of drinks they could choose from. They were abundantly served. There is no daily limit and of course juice and bottled water were included along with many special coffees.

This was the 1 2 3 Go package and was a good choice if you are a drinker.:cool:

The Summit is a nicely refurbished older ship which is really beautiful, with a great Captain who is very funny, a great and friendly crew, good food and a great destination in Bermuda. We will be back on her in the fall...love those Canada/New England cruises.

It was one of our best cruises because of all of the above but in addition we had with us our three children with their spouses and all seven of our grandchildren ages 14 to 27 who found this ship wonderful. It was their third cruise so they had something to compare it to.

Quick question,

My grandkids are joining us on the Bermuda cruise. Can they wear shorts in the dining room??

Ages 3,6,7,8 & 11

I would say they should all wear dockers style slacks and polo or button shirts in the dining room nightly- formal night- they would all look great in sports jackets. My grandchildren were 8 and 11 and dressed up for dinner as did we- great pics also!

My DH and I took them shopping for formal wear and found it to be inexpensive if you go to a discount type department store. The boys also felt very happy with their new duds! :)

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Cruise a holic

I would say they should all wear dockers style slacks and polo or button shirts in the dining room nightly- formal night- they would all look great in sports jackets. My grandchildren were 8 and 11 and dressed up for dinner as did we- great pics also!

That's exactly what I was going to say they should wear. Black dockers work well.

That's exactly what I was going to say they should wear. Black dockers work well.

I was also able to purchase them dress shoes for under $15 each! Not exactly Gucci- but they looked (and felt) great! They especially like that many other guests would compliment them. Big smiles! My granddaughers wore dresses- both long and short and also looked great!

The "splurge" really didn't cost Grandma and Grandpa that much and the smiles from the kids were worth every penny!

Thanks for your responses. I will take your advice. Just curious, did you see any kids in shorts??

No I don't ever recall seeing anyone in shorts at dinner in the Main Dining Room -kids or adults. That doesn't mean there haven't been, but I've never seen them.