Dreamworks character breakfast

Yes, the character breakfasts are at 7:30 AM!

When we sailed Oasis, I had pre-booked all 3 breakfasts. I booked them online with the pre-cruise planner as a dinner reservation. Unfortunately, we slept in and missed one of them :(

When we sailed FOTS, my TA had booked us for 1 breakfast - she said they were one per family so that everyone had a turn. I believe on that sailing there were only 2 breakfasts. The first night I spoke to the MaitreD who assured me he would take care of us, and yes he got us into the second breakfast!

You could just show up and hope for a no-show, but don't leave it to chance. Talk to the Maitre D on the first night.

Really? Are they going to charge adults $10? Does that mean free babysitting? That can't be right.

I believe there was a fee announcement, but I am not sure it was ever instituted. There was a good bit of discussion on CC for the cost for an extended family, (Child, parents, grandparents) to attend

It is available for our late October Freedom sailing and there was no charge associated with the booking. Can't be sure for other ships. We did NOT book it.

enjoy

M

I was able to book for free on Allure Nov sailing.

We have no kids in party though. Don't want to take away from a kid being able to go. Does RCI make sure there is enough kids tickets?

They did not a few years ago. It was newer then and I'm not even sure we had or needed a reservation. We decide to go and lasted no more then 10 minutes before we switched to a regular table on the other side of the dining room. A bit too much screaming for me.

enjoy

M

From Royal Caribbean's website (Onboard Experience)

*For reservations made on or after Sept 1, 2014 there will be a $10.00 per person charge for all guests six years of age and older for the DreamWorks Character Breakfast.

Perhaps that is why there was no charge if I made our reservation this week.

Thanks

M