Upgrading from Classic to Deluxe Drink Package

DennisAndJudy

Can anyone tell me if the price of the upgrade, Classic to Deluxe, is the same whether purchased onboard or ahead of time?

Our only drink package experience has been for soda packages. In past years the price was lower when purchased ahead of time than onboard, but that may have been a special promotion.

I know that we want to upgrade, but would like to wait and use our OBC for the purchase, unless they are going to charge us more for it.

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me if the price of the upgrade, Classic to Deluxe, is the same whether purchased onboard or ahead of time?

Our only drink package experience has been for soda packages. In past years the price was lower when purchased ahead of time than onboard, but that may have been a special promotion.

I know that we want to upgrade, but would like to wait and use our OBC for the purchase, unless they are going to charge us more for it.

Thanks.

Yes, do it on board and use your OBC. It's the same price. I just did it on Summit last month -- $11.50 a day. Maureen stayed with the classic one.

Thanks.

Hi Dennis and Judy hope all is well with both of you. Larry

From what I see the difference is, once on board, you can upgrade after the first day on a pro-rated basis. In other words, you can try the regular package for the first day or two on a 7 day cruise then, upgrade on day three and pay for the final four days only. One or both of you may find you're satisfied with the basic package after experiencing the prices in various lounges and bars.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi. When you upgrade onboard from classic to premium after say a couple of days - do they count disembarcation day as a day?

Kevin

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Good Question... And yes it is confusing.

Bevvy Pkgs are priced per night of your cruise not by the day... So if you are on an advertised 7 Night Cruise you pay 7 x the Daily Rate of your selected Bevvy Pkg

If you upgrade, the up charge kicks in immediately, and runs the duration of your cruise

SeaPass Accounts are tallied the last day / night before D-Day... Which is part of the reason Specialty Venues etc are not open on D-Day

However, Your SeaPass Card is active until the minute you actually Disembark... And you are responsible for all charges made against it while aboard

Including perhaps that last minute Bevvy...

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

We have always used the card (premium Alc) on disembarkation for fresh juice and have never been billed.

On our last cruise, they did not serve fresh OJ the last day, it suck :(