Using Future Cruise Reward

IndyColts84

Looking to book a cruise and was curious, I have never used one of the Future Cruise Rewards before. The deposit for the cruise was $800 and obviously the reward covers only $250 of that. Will I need to put up the additional $550 to book the cruise now or at a later date? Or does using the reward cover the deposit as a whole and I just go about making payments as usual? Any help would be appreciated!

You are good , reward covers the whole cabin and anybody in it except for haven.

so for instance if there are 4 of you in the cabin one reward will book the cabin. No need to put the 1000 down in cash or card. When you get the final bill it will show as a 250 payment

Edited by pieshops

If your cruise is NOT in a suite, then the future cruise reward, worth $250, will cover the entire deposit, no matter how many of you there are in the one room.

We use them all the time - it's a great way to go.

(Sometimes, even in a suite, they will let the FCR be your full deposit.)

If your cruise is NOT in a suite, then the future cruise reward, worth $250, will cover the entire deposit, no matter how many of you there are in the one room.

We use them all the time - it's a great way to go.

(Sometimes, even in a suite, they will let the FCR be your full deposit.)

As long as non haven it covers the suite.

Thank you for the quick responses! You helped me book my cruise! Next question for those sticking around. Should I need to cancel, prior to last payment of course, how does NCL handle the $250 deposit? Do they just credit the reward back to our Latitudes account? Thanks again!

As long as non haven it covers the suite.

They have apparently changed this according to the customer service reps, a supervisor in the revenue dept and the person who called me when I emailed the social media dept even though the terms and conditions do not reflect this update.

It now only counts as partial deposit for all suites above mini-suite level, haven or not.

They have apparently changed this according to the customer service reps, a supervisor in the revenue dept and the person who called me when I emailed the social media dept even though the terms and conditions do not reflect this update.

It now only counts as partial deposit for all suites above mini-suite level, haven or not.

Don't know when and if it changed but we used one cert to book our upcoming jade cruise in a 2 bedroom family suite.

We just used another to book a 2 bedroom non villa or haven suite on another cruise a few weeks ago.

You can use it towards haven and villa also but it only counts as partial 250 credit. The rest you need to pay.

Right from the website

6. Limit one (1) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit may be used per stateroom; and may be used as the full deposit for all staterooms except Specialty Suites, The Haven and Garden Villas (staterooms requiring enhanced deposit). One (1) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit may be used as a partial deposit towards the full required deposit for Specialty Suites, Courtyard Villas and Garden Villas.

It depends.

We booked a Aft suite on the Dawn for 2015, 6 months ago, we used the FCR for part, and paid an additional $250 deposit.

We booked, the same, Aft suite on the Dawn for 2016, a few weeks ago, and the FCR was used for the entire deposit.

"Does anybody, really know what time it is?...................."

Just wanted to say happy sailing to a fellow Colts fan!

We currently gave 2 cruises booked with FCCs, and one of them I bought off another CC member. I love that they are transferable. Also, we changed one of the cruises to a different date/ship, and it was a piece of cake for out PCC to move the FCC.

Also, we changed one of the cruises to a different date/ship, and it was a piece of cake for out PCC to move the FCC.

We have never had any problems transferring deposits paid with credit cards either.. ;)

Thank you for the quick responses! You helped me book my cruise! Next question for those sticking around. Should I need to cancel, prior to last payment of course, how does NCL handle the $250 deposit? Do they just credit the reward back to our Latitudes account? Thanks again!

Paragraph 10 of the terms and conditions: "To cancel a reservation made with a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit, you must submit the cancellation in writing and it must be received by NCL in accordance with NCL cancellation policies and procedures."

Paragraph 10 of the terms and conditions: "To cancel a reservation made with a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit, you must submit the cancellation in writing and it must be received by NCL in accordance with NCL cancellation policies and procedures."

I know this is the way they say it must be done but when I cancelled my sons' inside cabin and moved them into our suite.....nothing in writing was requested nor required. His FCR showed back in his account almost immediately. This occurred in March 2014.

Edited by peg013

I know this is the way they say it must be done but when I cancelled my sons' inside cabin and moved them into our suite.....nothing in writing was requested nor required. His FCR showed back in his account almost immediately. This occurred in March 2014.

For me I moved a deposit to a different cruise with a phone call to my PCC, happened immediately.

I would just say that people need to be aware of the policy so they can closely monitor that the FCR is credited back. If it's not credited back in a timely manner then they should follow up to make sure that the ball doesn't get dropped.

I would just say that people need to be aware of the policy so they can closely monitor that the FCR is credited back. If it's not credited back in a timely manner then they should follow up to make sure that the ball doesn't get dropped.

I agree wholeheartedly. I did ask if they needed anything in writing and they said no......and I did check to make sure it went back to his account. I recommend everyone else does too. :)