Coffee Card on QE

chirk_on_tour

I was thinking of pre-buying the Coffee Card for our Christmas Markets tour in December. It is only a four night cruise and for two days we will be in Amsterdam.

My wife and I would probably share the card as I don't think we need 10 coffees during the trip.

So my question are

1) is it worth the money ?

2) do they do take away coffee so I can take it out to a very wintery Amsterdam?

3) does the QE have somewhere like Sir Samuel's?

Any help from would be appreciated

Regards

Anders

From what I've read on here, I don't think you can share a card. It doesn't worth it to me anyway on such a short trip.

The equivalent to Sir Samuel's on the QE and QV is Cafe Carinthia.

Presumably you could ask for them to pour your coffee into your own insulated mug/flask.

I love all the bits of good info I find here.

I hate the Cunard website.

After reading this I have spent a good half hour hunting around the site for info on the coffee card. Himself is a caffeine addict and will drink coffee all day long. I like my hot chocolate in the morning. A card that discounted the beverages a bit would be a great value for us.

Is the coffee card offered on all three ships?

We will be on the QM2.

Can someone please share a link, that is undoubtedly hidden in plain sight, on the cursed website?

Thanks

Just ask on the FAQ's link on Cunard's website:

https://ask.cunard.com/

Lots of info there.

Coffee Card

A coffee card is available to pre-purchase at a cost of £23.20 that allows 10 Primo (12oz) coffees (Americano, Latte or Cappuccino) once on board. This can be purchased prior to embarkation by calling our Customer Contact Centre on 0843 374 0111 or once on board.

Please note, if purchasing on board, the cost of $38.52 will be charged to your on board account.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/drinks_package

Is the coffee card offered on all three ships?

We will be on the QM2.

Can someone please share a link, that is undoubtedly hidden in plain sight, on the cursed website?

Thanks

From https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/drinks_package

Coffee Card

A coffee card is available to pre-purchase at a cost of £23.20 that allows 10 Primo (12oz) coffees (Americano, Latte or Cappuccino) once on board. This can be purchased prior to embarkation by calling our Customer Contact Centre on 0843 374 0111 or once on board.

Please note, if purchasing on board, the cost of $38.52 will be charged to your on board account.

Thanks so much!

I don't know why but I can not, for the life of me, find a link off the Cunard site to that ask page.

I find this; http://www.cunard.com/frequent-questions/ but it doesn't seem to have a link to the searchable ask pages!

That card doesn't look line much of a deal, especially if you buy it on board.

Unless one prefers/needs fancy coffees, why not just get the free coffee in Britannia, which is available all day, perhaps combining that with room service from time to time? (Never having tried the room service coffee I can't vouch for its drinkability, however :D) For those on the QM 12, I also discovered free coffee and tea available (as I recall) in the lobby/seating area outside the Connexions computer center.

Edited by maina

That's the conversation we just had over our morning coffee and cocoa ; -)

Himself will drink hot water, with brown crayons melted in it, if it has caffeine. Gas station coffee is mother's milk to him ; -)

The cocoa is the issue because there will be nothing in the buffet that I will find acceptable. I may not even care for what they offer in the coffee bar. I confess to being really fussy about my cocoa!

I think our game plan will be a standing room service order for coffee and VERY hot milk in the morning. I always travel with my own cocoa powder.

I love good hot chocolate and make mine from scratch and finish with a hand blender. May I ask.....what brand do you travel with?

I usually use Callebaut Cocoa Powder with cane sugar in a 1 to 2 ration. When I am feeling decadent, at home, I grate baking chocolate into it. When I am out of that I actually prefer Hershey Cocoa Powder from the grocery store over most others. Can't stand Droste or Nestlé.

I blend with an Aerolatte, at home and on the road.

On the road I usually use a microwave to heat the milk, preferably 2%, but aboard I have a small immersion heater I can use to heat it, if it isn't hot enough.

Really, I am an awful addict, and annoyingly exacting ; -)

What do you use? Always interested!

Thank you Sarafinadh, I use Hershey's Cocoa....a tiny drop of vanilla....and a small pinch of red pepper. Finishing it off with the hand held cuisenart does it for me. To be honest, when I'm sailing around the Atlantic on the QM2...I don't much care what it tastes like. :D