How do these people get so good at surfing on the Flowrider?

I've seen one in one of the malls here in the Orlando area. There always seemed to be a line out the door to use it.

The one in the Florida Mall was a single and it closed years ago. There is newer facility in Kissimmee (Fantasy Surf) though that has a large double. A lot of the pros practice at the facility in Kissimmee

I have been hooked on Flowrider cruising since my first Freedom cruise in 2008. We don't have a Flowrider for stand-up in Denver so it was all about going on cruises with Flowriders. Both of my sons are now just as hooked as me, so we started doing the drive to the closest Flowrider, which is 6 hours away in Albuquerque, NM, to get our fix between cruises.

There are over 180 Flowriders installed Worldwide. I live in South Jersey and we have one about 10 minutes from the house. We also have 2 others within and hour and a half of our home.

Since the introduction of Flowriders on RCI ships, the activity has blossomed into a new sport. There have been International FlowTours for about 5 years now. Riders range from 8 years old to the Masters Division which is the 35 and over group.

You might remember that they stopped allowing tricks about a year ago. Well Xana Nash who has become a World Champion rider that got her start like many of the current Flow Tour riders got her start on a RCI Ship, wrote a letter to RCI and they relaxed some of the restrictions on tricks.

If you want more info check out http://flowrider.com for more info and to find a Flowrider near you!

We learned (I use that term loosely because unlike many people we did not take to it like a duck to water) on a cruise but are honing our skills at our home wave in Houston at Pirate's Bay. It is a single but it is fun and we can go whenever we have time. :D

649185935_EdnaRidingtheWave6_22_13.jpg.e2bc5f7db138d0085dafadf81648ebd9.jpg

1087304012_FrankRidingtheWave6_22_13.jpg.c93470692a25d373a713cad055df0a0e.jpg

I learned on this ships. I have been riding for three years. This year for Father's Day I got my own board. The nearest Flowrider is 3.5 hours away and involves a boarder crossing. Needless to say I have only rode on the ships.

At the age of 42 there is room for improvement. One bad foot cut, a few sore necks along with the occasional rash burn I have had lots of fun along the way. I even competed in two Best of the Best show cases. I have also met many great people, which is half of the fun.