Flight Time Question from 1st Time Princess Cruiser

Lady Darci

Hi all,

I'm a veteran cruiser, but haven't been on Princess before. I am cruising on the Golden Princess out of Los Angeles. I booked my return flight out of LAX at 12:20 pm, which I thought would give me plenty of time to get from the ship to the airport.

When I put this flight information into the Princess website it said time was too early to reliably make the flight.

Can anyone tell me from recent experience whether this flight is too risky?

Thanks,

Darci

Hi all,

I'm a veteran cruiser, but haven't been on Princess before. I am cruising on the Golden Princess out of Los Angeles. I booked my return flight out of LAX at 12:20 pm, which I thought would give me plenty of time to get from the ship to the airport.

When I put this flight information into the Princess website it said time was too early to reliably make the flight.

Can anyone tell me from recent experience whether this flight is too risky?

Thanks,

Darci

You will be fine if you get in the first self walk off group and carry your luggage off. Take a taxi to the airport.

We regularly take a 10:30 flight.

Have a backup plan.

Here is a long recent thread I found with a quick search.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2005613&highlight=lax+early+flight

Edited by Colo Cruiser

A 12:30pm flight should be fine, even without having to schlep your own luggage off the ship. I'd book transport from the ship to LAX on SuperShuttle or Prime Time Shuttle. It's less expensive and you only have to wait for a van to fill rather than a big bus.

I'd book transport from the ship to LAX on SuperShuttle or Prime Time Shuttle. It's less expensive and you only have to wait for a van to fill rather than a big bus.

Even without a res they are out there waiting anyway. $16-$17 pp one way to Lax.

We are sailing out of San Pedro in a couple of months and have a 12:30 PM flight out of LAX. Last time we used this port, we did the walk off w/luggage and were out the terminal by 8:00 AM. We do the self assisted walk off now these days as it is less hassle. Princess also flagged our departure time as well. Thanks for the info on the shuttles. I have used SuperShuttle at other airports to get to my downtown hotel and they work well.