What is a "must" in St. Lucia?

sherin65

This will likely be our last Caribbean cruise for a few years as we are going to try to go to some other locations for a while.

I have never been to St. Lucia so I would like to know what is a Must Do/See?

I heard from a table mate on our last cruise that he liked it better than any other island in the Caribbean.

Sheryl

"Must Do" in St Lucia is any tour that takes you south to the Pitons and Soufriere region. The Pitons from land and sea are unique around the Caribbean, and offer some stunning views, and Soufriere has waterfalls, rainforest, hiking, snorkeling, diving, etc......There are lots of tour companies that offer combo land/sea tours that give the best of both worlds such as land down with Castries, Morne Fortune, Banana plantation, Marigot Bay views, waterfall, volcano, then beach at foot of Pitons for a bit to snorkel and swim, lunch, etc and back to the docks by boat for stunning water views of the coastline, Pitons, Marigot by sea, Lady slipper rock arch, etc. There are many companies recommended here on CC to check out, be sure to read some of the other posts.....enjoy your visits.

St. Lucia is fantastic. You will love the rainforest there.

Depending on how active you are, zip lining through the rainforest is an absolute blast.

There's some shopping there, lots of rainforest, oh -- and the Pitons :D

St. Lucia is NOT our favorite island but seeing the Pitons close up by water is a very good thing to do. :)

LuLu

Thanks for posting his information. I was wondering why it is not your favorite island. Please share your experience, we will be there in December and any information is helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

I've run across a lot of people who didn't like, say, Dominica probably for the same reasons. If they can't run around the town and walk to something cool, it's no good. We did an excursion in Dominica (yes, I know this is a thread about St. Lucia) and saw amazing things when many left the island complaining! I imagine St. Lucia is the same. Get off your can and look around! I'll be happy to see what others have found that is amazing to do!

• 2 weeks later...