Dinner Reservations in Prime7 and Signatures

StarFlyr

Today is the first day we're allowed to make reservations in the speciality restaurants (Prime7 and Signatures). The online website only allows 2 reservations. Attempting to make further reservations cancels the first one.

Is this a Regent Seven Seas policy for pre cruise restaurant reservations? I assume when the ship is cruising, further reservations are allowed on a first come/first serve basis.

While it should have no baring on this question, we're on the Istanbul-Dubai cruise.

Yes, that is the policy - guests are only allowed to book 1 meal in each restaurant in advance.

That has always been made clear to me ever since we booked the cruise, all the pre cruise info, admin & documentation that we have received is quite explicit about that. The cruise personaliser details advise the earliest date for booking and I'm pretty sure that also sets out the policy.

Yes, that is the policy - guests are only allowed to book 1 meal in each restaurant in advance.

Since our cruise is around 90 days from now, we haven't received anything from Regent other than acknowledging that we have paid.

I understand the policy about only 2 advanced reservations so that everyone can get a chance to visit these restaurants. Does this policy change once everyone has made 2 advanced reservations?

Do you know if they restricted reservations to only one or two at a time once the cruise starts? I'm guessing these restaurants fill up every night.

On the Cunard trips we've taken, they charge extra for their special restaurants (I think it was around $30 per meal per person). Since most of the cruisers didn't want to pay extra, their special meal joints were generally available on short notice.

Thanks for the input.

Since many people do not make reservations online, Regent withholds reservations so that people boarding the ship have an opportunity to book. In terms of being full every night, it really depends upon the itinerary and the length of the cruise. On port intensive cruises and shorter itineraries (7-12 nights), it can be difficult to get more than one reservation per restaurant. We were just on a 16 night cruise and there were nights when you could just go to the restaurant to see if they had availability and you could be seated right away.

You may want to dine in Compass Rose on the second night which is usually the night of the Captain's Reception and the menu in Compass Rose is special. Most people prefer to forego the specialty restaurants on that night (and on the night of the Captain's Farewell). I find availability many times on the first night (early). It never hurts to stop by the restaurants and check for cancellations, etc.

Hope this helps. Have a great cruise!

Since many people do not make reservations online, Regent withholds reservations so that people boarding the ship have an opportunity to book....

Great information Travelcat2. Re the Captain's reception on the 2nd night, is that the actual 2nd night or the 2nd night of day cruising?

Thanks again for the tips!!!

That is a really good question and is the reason why I say that it is "usually" held on the second night. I have seen three different scenarios (two on our back to back cruise that ended last week):

1. You embark the ship and it leaves the same night. The Captain's Reception is the next night.

2. You embark and the ship stays in port overnight and you sail the 2nd night. In the case, the Captain's Reception is the 3rd night.

3. This case has only happened to us once (last cruise). We embarked and the ship sailed that night. The second night was port day and the third night was a sea day. They held it on the sea day.

If that hasn't confused you enough (;)) There is a similar situation for the Captain's Farewell dinner. Either the 2nd to the last night or, (if you are in port over night), the 3rd night prior to disembarkation.

Some of the items that show up on these special menus are Beef Wellington, Chateaubriand, Lobster and appetizers with caviar.

Edited by Travelcat2

Thanks for that info Travelcat, much appreciated. We will be cruising with Regent for the first time in December and bookings for the specialty dining opens for us in September but at a later time for our friends who will be cruising with us. Do you know if we can we book a table for four, ie us and our two friends, bearing in mind their booking time is not until later?

Cheers

Di

Dizziedi,

You can't book them at your table until their booking date. I suggest you book your table in September (when your date opens up), then when their date comes up, call Regent with their booking number and add them to your table.

Dizziedi,

You can't book them at your table until their booking date. I suggest you book your table in September (when your date opens up), then when their date comes up, call Regent with their booking number and add them to your table.

Thanks, will do.

Cheers

Di

• 1 month later...
Since many people do not make reservations online, Regent withholds reservations so that people boarding the ship have an opportunity to book. In terms of being full every night, it really depends upon the itinerary and the length of the cruise. On port intensive cruises and shorter itineraries (7-12 nights), it can be difficult to get more than one reservation per restaurant. We were just on a 16 night cruise and there were nights when you could just go to the restaurant to see if they had availability and you could be seated right away.

You may want to dine in Compass Rose on the second night which is usually the night of the Captain's Reception and the menu in Compass Rose is special. Most people prefer to forego the specialty restaurants on that night (and on the night of the Captain's Farewell). I find availability many times on the first night (early). It never hurts to stop by the restaurants and check for cancellations, etc.

Hope this helps. Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the tip.Have booked Prime 7 for our first night so we,hopefully, won't miss the captains dinner.

What is the other restaurant we can book? We have only been able to book one restaurant.?

Thanks for the tip.Have booked Prime 7 for our first night so we,hopefully, won't miss the captains dinner.

What is the other restaurant we can book? We have only been able to book one restaurant.?

Prime 7 is the only specialty restaurant on the Navigator. Signatures, the other specialty restaurant, is only on the Mariner and the Voyager. You'll just have to take another Regent cruise. :D

Dizziedi,

Hi there, actually I was able to book them and there date hadn't opened. When I made our booking they asked if I wanted to 'add a guest' and I did, for both restaurants.

Maybe they have changed the 'rule'.

Thanks

Di

Generally that means that they can seat other people at your table. If you wanted someone specific to join you at a table, you would have to put in their information. If you were able to book early and put in the suite number of friends, there is probably something wrong with the website. Did you receive a confirmation email?

Generally that means that they can seat other people at your table. If you wanted someone specific to join you at a table, you would have to put in their information. If you were able to book early and put in the suite number of friends, there is probably something wrong with the website. Did you receive a confirmation email?

Yes, I was able to put in their names and reservation number. I have the reservation confirmations printed out.

I did have a bit of a query where it said 'add a guest' so I rang Regent (herein Australia) and the lady guided me through it - I was having trouble because the time I initially wanted wasn't available for a table of four - I changed to 8pm and was successful.

Cheers

Di

Yes, I was able to put in their names and reservation number. I have the reservation confirmations printed out.

I did have a bit of a query where it said 'add a guest' so I rang Regent (herein Australia) and the lady guided me through it - I was having trouble because the time I initially wanted wasn't available for a table of four - I changed to 8pm and was successful.

Cheers

Di

Great! It sounds like the Regent representative was very helpful:)

If a friend is booking Prime in advance of the cruise and asked us to join them, which we have, does it mean we cannot book Prime in advance on another date.

That is correct in terms of booking reservations online. Once a booking has been made for you online for P7, even by someone else, you can not book an additional reservation. However, once on board, you may be able to get a reservation.

Edited by Travelcat2

• 1 month later...

We board the Navigator on 13 Nov, and do not have Prime 7 reservations yet. We actually had them with some friends, but they changed the time to one that was too late for us, so now we're facing a situation where no 2 tops are available on any of the nights (and we don't care to share a table with people we don't know). Is it difficult to get a reservation once on board? I called Regent, and they suggested going ahead and reserving a shared table on the night we want and the time (unfortunately, the time we prefer isn't available any of the nights now either!), and then just asking to see if it can be changed to a table for 2. I was just wondering what the general success rate is in getting what you want (or at least, as close to it as possible) if you wait until you board the ship. And then, how do we go about getting the reservations? Wait in line at 6:00pm sharp on the first night to talk to the maitre d?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide me. Given that our original Prime 7 reservations were made as soon as our window opened up, this is definitely not a situation I expected to find myself in.

You can meet a lot of nice and interesting people while breaking bread with them! Check with the maitre'd during the afternoon and you night snag a reservation. If you share your odds are better.

Edited by TedC

It is not that long :)

I like the Prime on Navigator, the maitre 'D on there when I was onboard, Christian I think it was, looked after me very well, and the food was superb, although I am not that difficult to please if the chef knows how to cook a medium-rare.

Enjoy your cruise! A little over 100 to my next, can't wait, so I am jealous you are travelling sooner than I.:D