New Family to NCL, please help!

meganelise

Hi,

our family will be sailing on NCL Spirit Nov 2 for a 12 day Mediterranean trip. My questions are: the site says that when arriving in a port you wont be allowed to leave the boat for 2 hours after arrival, is this true? Also, it says you have to be back on boat 2 full hours before taking off again? Just trying to make itineraries for stops and wondered how much actual time we will have.

also, just to clarify, we have 2 on board credits, one from expedia, one from NCL. the one from NCL we have to spend on board on drinks or restaurants, the one from expedia, can that be used for gratuities?

thank you!

Megan

Megan, the 2 hours that you are talking about is the days of embarkation/debarkation at the home port of your sailing. It does not refer to the ports of call. You will be able to get off at the ports within a few minutes. You will want to be back on board at least 30 minutes prior to sailing at each port.

Hi,

our family will be sailing on NCL Spirit Nov 2 for a 12 day Mediterranean trip. My questions are: the site says that when arriving in a port you wont be allowed to leave the boat for 2 hours after arrival, is this true? Also, it says you have to be back on boat 2 full hours before taking off again? Just trying to make itineraries for stops and wondered how much actual time we will have.

also, just to clarify, we have 2 on board credits, one from expedia, one from NCL. the one from NCL we have to spend on board on drinks or restaurants, the one from expedia, can that be used for gratuities?

thank you!

Megan

Megan, I can't answer the part about not being able to leave until 2 hours after arrival. Normally it is simply a matter of how long it takes to clear the ship, but a European cruise might be different. The same is true about being back on board 2 hours ahead of time. I know they say that on the website but when you once on the ship, the rules are about a hours before departure.

As for the OBC, yes you have it right. What has always happened with us, we spend more than the OBCs we have; at the end they simply deduct the OBC and charge our cc with the remaining amount. The only time there would be any difference is if, indeed you only spend what your OBC is.

Thank you for your help! I will try to find someone who has gone on our specific cruise for further questions.

thanks again!

megan

The above poster is correct. The "2 hour rule" is only related to the initial embarkation point of your cruise. At port stops, you generally are able to leave the ship 15-30 minutes after they dock. It all depends on how long it takes to moor the ship, open the doors, set up the ramp/ropes/security guard, photographer, etc. In some ports, there is also a slight delay as the local authorities may board to review paperwork. But in my experience, in Europe, you're able to leave the boat 30 minutes or less after arrival.

is there anyway to find people who have taken my specific cruise to ask questions? (in the forums i mean)

If you start a new thread that is more specific.... such as "Spirit disembarkation and ports of call questions". You should get more specific answers.