Purchase bottle of wine for balcony?

e39m5

Many thanks in advance. I keep seeing posts about being able to bring on board 2 bottles - is that each passenger ?

S :confused:

Allowable is one bottle per person. Two for a couple in a room. You can attempt two bottles per person. But know you could be stopped and charged the corkage on the extras.

Without a package, I have ordered a couple single bottles ahead on the website. Altho not much choice, the convenience is great. Or we have carried on a couple of my favorites not available onboard and even with corkage saved enough to make it totally worth it for us.

We are doing a 12 night Scandinavia Russia cruise next summer. I was wondering if you are allowed to take an extra bottle of wine onboard due to the longer duration?

No. Unfortunately even on a the longer trips, they stick to the same policy.

Once on board (Summit), is there a way to buy a bottle of wine to drink on our balcony?

What's the pricing like? Are we better off buying bon voyage gifts for ourselves? Can't say we care much about quality, it just seems like it would be a nice time.

(We'll do this with our two carryons, but I think we'll want a little more)

Thanks

Always order 2 bottles of wine for room from the gift section on line. We also carry on 2 bottles but we usually cruise for 10 - 14 days.

Even better than buying yourself a Bon voyage gift would be to find someone else willing to gift you those bottles. But that hasn't worked for me yet, so we do our carryon bottles, maybe another bottle or two "Bon Voyage ". If that doesn't work over a longer cruise, then we will buy a bottle with dinner and take the remainder back to the room.

Another option may be to buy a bottle at one of the ports and bring that on board. According to the rules, they are supposed to take the wine when you board, and then return it to you at the end of the cruise.

On our last 2 transatlantic cruises, we brought wine on board in 2 ports, and they never said anything when we boarded, so we just took it to our cabin.

This is somewhat of a gamble, as they may take the wine when you board, but you really don't lose anything.

Of course, if you are flying after the cruise that could be a problem.

Dave

We always send ourselves Bon Voyage gifts, in addition to the two we carry on.

Until a year or so ago gifting yourself wine was a great deal but not so much now that Celebrity has jacked up prices on the gift wines and reduced the selection. In 2012, Bollini Pinot Grigio was $30. It's now $39. La Crema chard was $38. It's now $49. For our TA in April, we have ordered eight bottles, a mix of select and premium, as a wine package. While it is no bargain, it is worth it for convenience.