Guests on board?

Hikini

Has anyone ever been granted the privilege to have guests on board while in port? I'm specifically asking because while we are cruising on an NCL ship, we'll have family on another NCL ship with a different itinerary. However, on one day our paths will cross and we'll be in the same port at the same time. I wondered if it is ever allowed to have guests come on board. Since they are also sailing NCL…..or is that just silly to think it's possible, especially after 9/11?

Has anyone ever been granted the privilege to have guests on board while in port? I'm specifically asking because while we are cruising on an NCL ship, we'll have family on another NCL ship with a different itinerary. However, on one day our paths will cross and we'll be in the same port at the same time. I wondered if it is ever allowed to have guests come on board. Since they are also sailing NCL…..or is that just silly to think it's possible, especially after 9/11?

I know this was done on Celebrity in Bermuda, but under special circumstances. The arrangements for guests to board the ship were made in advance. I would think it should be doable considering all are NCL guests but definitely ask in advance.