In cabin toiletries

chris330r

For our upcoming Sensation cruise, I know there's soap & shampoo provided, but what about toothpaste? Do they provide a mini sample in the bathroom or should I bring my own? My toiletry bag is already loaded up with so much stuff that chucking the toothpaste tube will give a little more room for all my other junk packed in there lol.

My last cruise, in January, there were some samples of Arm & Hammer toothpaste in the room. It tasted awful, and when I looked, the sample had expired 3 months prior. I am glad I brought my own!!!

Edited by marcia014

Take your own. Only guarantee stuff if body wash and shampoo. Sometimes you get stuff in the goodie basket but other time not. We just take travel size for each of us. More than enough for a week or more.

I don't see why people pack full size items, but some do. Travel sizes last quite a while.

whole thread on lack of goodies on ships lately. We cruised the DREAM in late June and we had no extras. Take anything you want. I have used the

shampoo but it makes my hair feel like straw so I always bring my own shampoo.

I don't see why people pack full size items, but some do. Travel sizes last quite a while.

Lots of people combine a land vacation with a cruise. For our 2013 cruise, we were gone a month. For our 2015 cruises, we will be gone almost three weeks.

Lots of people combine a land vacation with a cruise. For our 2013 cruise, we were gone a month. For our 2015 cruises, we will be gone almost three weeks.

Of course it depends on the land vacation, but I still would not want to tote large full size items around. There are always stores somewhere.

We stock up on $1 of the 5 ounce Crest & Colgate tubes at Dollar Tree, just perfect for a week's worth of toothpaste for 2 of us (& kids get their own tube in their cabin). Throw away tube at end of the week...

At Walmart or Target, we also stock up on the larger tubes that sometimes comes bundled with a free smaller 1 ounce sample, perfect for traveling 2 - 3 days weekend trips...