From Pier to Airport in Seattle

kclvt

How far is it from the pier to the airport in Seattle? I am looking at a Princess cruise in July-'15. We will be going down the day before so don't need a xfer then. I was thinking about after the cruise. Princess is charging $48 for a couple to go from pier to airport. I was wondering if a cab may be cheaper.

Thanks for any info you can share!

How far is it from the pier to the airport in Seattle? I am looking at a Princess cruise in July-'15. We will be going down the day before so don't need a xfer then. I was thinking about after the cruise. Princess is charging $48 for a couple to go from pier to airport. I was wondering if a cab may be cheaper.

Thanks for any info you can share!

Just left the Golden Princess on 08/02 and took Express Shuttle for 44.00 for the two of us but had to wait 30 min.for the shuttle to fill up. I would take the 48.00 cab ride if you are in a hurry. The ride to SeaTac was 30 min. and Security lines at the airport were very long.

Edited by runner15km

There are 6 of us so a cab won't work for us - unless they have vans for cabs?

Are their cabs right at the pier when we get off? I am not sure of flight times yet.

I think I will book the Princess transfer and then if we decide not to use it do you think we can cancel that as long as it is before the final payment?

are you looking for transfers for 2 people or 6?

For 2 people you can take a cab for about $50. Seattle Express runs buses to/from the airport for $12 I believe. Shuttle Express also has buses. Check their web sites for prices. They may also do private service with a van.

For 6 people, go to the WEST COAST DEPARTURES forum where you will find similar threads and suggestions for car services.

Both piers are about 1/2 hr from Seatac, but give it an hour due to hwy/tunnel construction, the usual traffic congestion and city events. You need to be at the airport 2 hrs prior for a domestic flight. Seatac can be crazy busy in the summer especially on weekends when several thousand people disembark the ships and head to the airport. Plan on being off the ship 3 hrs prior to your departure time ... better safe than sorry.

Edited by mapleleaves