Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up! I was looking at these points the other day and hadn't really seen anything I was interested in at the time. Now I know! :)

So if I buy 10, I can apply that $1000 to my final payment due, and get a $100 freebie, correct?

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up! I was looking at these points the other day and hadn't really seen anything I was interested in at the time. Now I know! :)

So if I buy 10, I can apply that $1000 to my final payment due, and get a $100 freebie, correct?

No freebie, that's how the CCL promo worked back in June.

This one is a 10% discount promotion. Using some of your Verizon Smart Rewards points, you can buy $1,000 worth of the Carnival electronic gift cards for just $900. Then apply the $1,000 toward payment of your booking. :)

Thank you for posting this, I had no idea! If I purchase the e-gift cards, how do I apply them to my sign and sail account? Do I have to wait until we are onboard to do that?

You can use them to pay towards your new or existing booking or you can take them with you on board the ship and apply to your S&S account. I'm doing both myself. :) I bought some and paid off a booking, and bought some more to take on the ship to cover my gratuities and some photos.

I was a long-time Verizon wireless user and switched to T-Mobile a few years ago. Long story. Anyway, I just switched back. ;)

Thanks for the heads-up. I have a hold on a cruise and was going to use some of the gift cards I bought in June for the deposit. Nice to know I can purchase some more and get another 10% card, since I'll now have 2 cruises on which I can use the promo cards (assuming they expire 1 year from purchase, like the ones bought in June).

I was a long-time Verizon wireless user and switched to T-Mobile a few years ago. Long story. Anyway, I just switched back. ;)

Thanks for the heads-up. I have a hold on a cruise and was going to use some of the gift cards I bought in June for the deposit. Nice to know I can purchase some more and get another 10% card, since I'll now have 2 cruises on which I can use the promo cards (assuming they expire 1 year from purchase, like the ones bought in June).

Through the Verizon program, you don't get an 'extra card', you do get a 10% discount on the purchase of the electronic gift card by using some of your Verizon Smart Rewards points. For example, you can buy a $100 gift card for just $90.

Also, The Carnival electronic gift cards I bought through the Verizon program don't expire.

I see now that there's no bonus. It's an up-front discount. Even better, really, because the bonus cards from June have an expiration date.

And I just received two $50 rebate cards in the mail today for the new phones I purchased last month. I'm guessing I can use them to pay for the Carnival e-cards. That would be nice!

No problem. :) I already bought mine today. Just waiting now for them to become validated. The digital ones take longer for some reason. Just like the ones I bought from Carnival back in June. I will probably be able to apply these new ones as payment for one of my cruises in the morning when I call Carnival directly with the e-card numbers.

Where did you find the digital ones? When I went in to look at them and purchase, I saw mail only with a shipping fee. Do you pick digital when you go in to actually purchase? I prefer instant gratification and hate to wait for things like this in the mail. I hate the idea of them getting lost.

To the OP, thanks for sharing. Its about time I get something for paying all that money for my 5 cellphones ;)

Where did you find the digital ones? When I went in to look at them and purchase, I saw mail only with a shipping fee. Do you pick digital when you go in to actually purchase? I prefer instant gratification and hate to wait for things like this in the mail. I hate the idea of them getting lost.

To the OP, thanks for sharing. Its about time I get something for paying all that money for my 5 cellphones ;)

Once you click on gift cards, then click on Carnival- look for the 2 gift card options that say in the black little box at the top each card advertised, "e-gift card available". Then, during check out, you choose email as delivery method. Hope this helps. :)

I received the Verizon email the other day. I read through it but haven't signed up yet. I've been afraid that I overlooked some wording that will change my plan. Three of our 5 phones have unlimited data still. Don't want to mess that up. Did anyone come across anything questionable?

I have to pay off my balance by the end of August, so I bought $1300 worth yesterday! :eek: I called the toll-free number because I was wondering if there was a limit that you can apply to one transaction. You can use 10 at a time. So I just applied 10 gift cards to my balance and paid off the remaining $79 with a credit card.

And now I have $300 worth for onboard goodies.

Thanks again Swetra for posting the tip. :)

I have to pay off my balance by the end of August, so I bought $1300 worth yesterday! :eek: I called the toll-free number because I was wondering if there was a limit that you can apply to one transaction. You can use 10 at a time. So I just applied 10 gift cards to my balance and paid off the remaining $79 with a credit card.

And now I have $300 worth for onboard goodies.

Thanks again Swetra for posting the tip. :)

Wow, good for you! Glad you could benefit from the deal. :)

I received the Verizon email the other day. I read through it but haven't signed up yet. I've been afraid that I overlooked some wording that will change my plan. Three of our 5 phones have unlimited data still. Don't want to mess that up. Did anyone come across anything questionable?

I didn't see anything regarding that.

Just logged on to my verizon account and noticed that I had 30,280 points. I'm a little confused as to how this works, do I use the points to purchase the gift cards, or am I using the points just for the discount??

Just logged on to my verizon account and noticed that I had 30,280 points. I'm a little confused as to how this works, do I use the points to purchase the gift cards, or am I using the points just for the discount??

It cost 1000 points plus $90 for each $100 gift card.

Can either of these be used to pay OBC? What is the difference?

TIA

Sorry, I don't know how the cruise dollars work, although I believe they do have some restrictions. You can read the details on the Verizon website.

The e-card can be used to pay towards your booking or on board for expenses. You just need to take a copy of it with you on the ship showing the card #, etc...

DareTooDream funny you mentioned that you have 3 phones still on unlimited data because we have 4 of our 5 phones also on the unlimited data plan. When I first looked into the Verizon Smart Rewards points my first concern was being very sure my plan would not change so I decided to not participate. I guess we could call that phone number yet I think I'd still be worried. Unlimited Data is like GOLD these days especially with all those apps everyone has gotten use to using without thought to how much data they suck up.

Yvonne

Once you click on gift cards, then click on Carnival- look for the 2 gift card options that say in the black little box at the top each card advertised, "e-gift card available". Then, during check out, you choose email as delivery method. Hope this helps. :)

Thank you. I'll give it a try. I didn't go all the way into checkout. Was just playing around the site when I saw the delivery fee.