Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

They are taking care of my hold also. Bought 2 yesterday no problem but today it says sold out. The rep said they show available on her screen so she submitted a ticket to technical.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk HD

We just got the sold out message too after we competed the purchase. They shouldn't allow you to go all the way through the purchase process if the gift cards are sold out. Now we have a hold for a very large amount on our bank account and Verizon customer service doesn't open again til 9am. I'm beyond angry about this. I hope they resolve whatever issues they are having quickly and release the holds they've put on our account. I also wish I would have opened this thread up again earlier before we tried to purchase. Ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nooooo! I was waiting until I got paid today to buy some gift cards! Hopefully more will become available, but reading the responses, I don't want to get all the way to check out to find they are sold out!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Just got off the phone with the people at Verizon Smart Rewards, they said they are currently out of stock. Not sure how much the person knows, but said something along the lines of when they negotiate for some Carnival only gives them so many. She said to check back on Monday and call in to check for stock.

I have been purchasing Carnival Gift Cards from a similar company over the last few years and its true they do run out but not for long. Its unfortunate that the sold out is not shown before you go through the whole buying process though. It sounds like this needs to be corrected which I'm sure it will be. For those looking to buy if you have the time hold on I'm sure more will come available shortly. :)

I just made two separate purchases. First one was while at a Verizon company store and I mentioned to the manager how frustrating it was to go all the way through making a purchase AND having a hold put on my credit card only to find out at the very end the eCertificates were sold out. We walked through and I only got the number of $100 I needed. Lo, it went through and I have my email with the eCertificatres. :D Came home and realized I needed a $50 to finish paying off cruise so went on the computer and got that, which went right through. :)

Tells me that Carnival simply did not realize how popular this was going to be. It's been available to Verizon employees for about 4 months so guess they never had the run like occurred yesterday and this morning.

These were new purchases not related to the old holds they put on the card. I spoke with a person from Verizon rewards who called me back and he followed up with an email letting me know Carnival ecards were available. I got a separate email from Carnival after my purchase with a link for each $100 gift card to print.

Thank you! Did they release the holds on your credit card? I have called Verizon twice, was told ticket was turned in to technical... Told them I still wanted to purchase the cards, but nothing has come thru. Calling them in the morning and asking to speak with some other than I have already talked to.

A bit surprised to read that there is a delay with the e-cards being available for use once purchased. That's unfortunate.

I've been using this exact same program, just from a different retail loyalty source, for most of 2014. The 10% savings up front (rather than a bonus card that has to be redeemed with the vendor) is Great!

I have access to the Verizon deal, but will just continue with what I'm using until any kinks/challenges are worked out.

A bit surprised to read that there is a delay with the e-cards being available for use once purchased. That's unfortunate.

I've been using this exact same program, just from a different retail loyalty source, for most of 2014. The 10% savings up front (rather than a bonus card that has to be redeemed with the vendor) is Great!

I have access to the Verizon deal, but will just continue with what I'm using until any kinks/challenges are worked out.

I ordered 6 $100 e-cards and got the confirmation email right away, then the email with the cards shortly after.

I called this morning but because my cruise is paid in full, I need to bring the printouts with me to guest services to have them credited to my sail and sign account.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I just bought 5 $100 e cards this morning :D No problem with the order and I received them within minutes! Now to see how long it takes to activate so I can pay down my cruise!

I purchased mine yesterday and after reading a prior posting did not even try to pay on-line last night. Just went on-line and paid, receiving my PAID IN FULL email. :)

Understand if you wish to pay same day as purchasing you may call Carnival direct and do so.

Edited by Swampbaby

May I ask which source?