Cruise Wedding Present

Our son is getting married next year. I would like to get an open-ended cruise for their honeymoon while on board next March. What are the benefits of this (OBC? Reduced deposit? Other?) Can RCCL be signed on a CCL ship? I want them to be able to choose the cruise line, ship and itinerary. He is already a member of Captain's club. Is this the best way to do this?

Melissa

I'm confused ... What do you mean by an open ended cruise? A repositioning?

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity are related - not CCL (Carnival). You cannot book a RCL cruise on a Celebrity ship, or vice versa.

Maybe you could just make up a little certificate for them and let them choose their cruise, and then you can pay for it.

You could book an "Open Passage" while on board. Just put it in your son's name (only one name required), pay the $100 deposit, and either assign it to a TA or have it assigned to Celebrity. Method of who to book through can be assigned when he chooses an actual cruise date.

When booking actual cruise he will receive OBC - amount depending on cruise length - and is combinable with one other offer of his choice.

You may book either Azamara or RCCL cruises when on board Celebrity and vice versa. Just need to know which cruise line you want to use when purchasing the "Open Passage". OBC and other offers could be different. I am not familiar with the AZ and RCL parameters. Just talk with the future cruise consultant while on board and they can explain everything to you.

What a nice present to your son and future daughter-in-law. :)

Please be aware that open passage have a much smaller OBC than they used to. Your son will get much more if you book a specific cruise rather than an open one.

How about you make up a card, put some photos of cruise ships on it along with places they might go, and ask them to choose the ship and sailing before your cruise. Then they will receive the better OBC as well as the 123GO that is often offered when booking on board.

I'm confused ... What do you mean by an open ended cruise? A repositioning?

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity are related - not CCL (Carnival). You cannot book a RCL cruise on a Celebrity ship, or vice versa.

Maybe you could just make up a little certificate for them and let them choose their cruise, and then you can pay for it.

yes you can book Royal on Celebrity. I just did it in April. Have booked Celebrity on Royal also with no issues.

Please be aware that open passage have a much smaller OBC than they used to. Your son will get much more if you book a specific cruise rather than an open one.

How about you make up a card, put some photos of cruise ships on it along with places they might go, and ask them to choose the ship and sailing before your cruise. Then they will receive the better OBC as well as the 123GO that is often offered when booking on board.

Or do what I did. Book a specific cruise. That way you get the good OBC and the 123Go promo. Then when they know which cruise they want to take, you move it. I booked a cruise in April on Summit for the following April (2015) knowing full well I would move it. As soon as the itins came out, I moved it to Dec 2015. Took a little work as they don't all know how to move it easily, but eventually, got it moved, got my $100 OBC and my 123Go promo of the free beverage pkg.

Total agreement you will get more if you book a specific cruise vs an open booking.

Nice wedding gift! I'm assuming that your future daughter in law likes to cruise - I made this offer to my daughter for her wedding but sadly her now husband won't set foot on a cruise ship. :o I keep hoping that I can change his mind.