Soda and water-bring own

Leslieb123

Can I bring bottled water and cans or bottles of soda/pop/Coke on board? If yes, is there a limit? I don't want to bring a lot, maybe a 6 or 12 pack of water and coke each. If I bring my own, do we have to drink it in the cabin only? If I also bring a couple of insulated tumbler plastic cups with straws, can I fill that up in my cabin with pop and ice and carry it around the ship?

Can I bring bottled water and cans or bottles of soda/pop/Coke on board? If yes, is there a limit? I don't want to bring a lot, maybe a 6 or 12 pack of water and coke each. If I bring my own, do we have to drink it in the cabin only? If I also bring a couple of insulated tumbler plastic cups with straws, can I fill that up in my cabin with pop and ice and carry it around the ship?

No worries bring what you like... bottled Water, Favourite Pop, Juice etc. easiest way is to just slap a Celebrity Baggage Tag Sticker on it when you get to the Port and it will be delivered to the cabin with the rest of your luggage.

Sippy Cups are great. We bring along the insulated Stainless Steel kind, they keep cold drinks cold (poolside) and hot drinks hot (great for teas & coffee).

And if you've brought wine aboard (1 standard 750 ml bottle per adult) you can pour in your cabin (no coverage) and use your sippy cup... Or ask your Room Steward for Wine Glasses.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

...If I bring my own, do we have to drink it in the cabin only? If I also bring a couple of insulated tumbler plastic cups with straws, can I fill that up in my cabin with pop and ice and carry it around the ship?

No need to drink it in your cabin only. It seems to me that it would be a little inappropriate to take your own bottled water or can of soda to the dining room for a meal but that's just me and I'm sure you wouldn't be the first if you did. Other than that I see no issues.

... Do know that the ship water is actually very good. Enjoy your cruise

There is some debate on this including this thread which is one I refer to from time to time: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28708782

And we've run into the situation described here as well: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2033867

Edited by Lsimon

Yes, yes, and yes. Bring on as much soda and water as you like. Do know that the ship water is actually very good. Enjoy your cruise

I agree, I usually just bring my old water bottle and fill it with ice and water when I go ashore or lounging by the ship's pool.

Bring all you want, enjoy wherever you want on the ship

This. I always bring bottled water, sodas and some Red Bull. The sodas & Red Bull are not nearly as important to me as the water. I usually carry a bottle around with me. I drink a lot of water. On excursions I will often bring 2.

We use our "official" Cruise Critic sippy cups when on board:D They are usually filled with the free tea from the buffet. If you bring soda and/or water, ask the steward to empty the honor fridge and use it for your stuff. I don't know if it is a real fridge. The ones on HAL were more of a cooler than a fridge. We'll bring nothing on our next cruise as we will have the premium beverage cards.

Thanks! That's great news. We'll definitely be bringing some pop and maybe just empty water bottles to fill up on the ship. We're not too picky about water taste and drink tap water normally.

We use our "official" Cruise Critic sippy cups when on board:D They are usually filled with the free tea from the buffet. If you bring soda and/or water, ask the steward to empty the honor fridge and use it for your stuff. I don't know if it is a real fridge. The ones on HAL were more of a cooler than a fridge. We'll bring nothing on our next cruise as we will have the premium beverage cards.

I was wondering about that. This is our first cruise. For the mini bar, will they just take an account of what is left unopened in the fridge and only charge us for what we drink? We probably won't drink any of it, so we might just ask them to empty it.

Probably not. Even though it is called "non alcoholic" it still contains residual alcohol. It is classified as beer, and you are not allowed to bring beer, only soft drinks. I doubt if the screeners at the security checkpoint are well versed in all the details of the different drinks. They will see the word "beer" and will take it from you, I predict. And since it is sold on board, they really won't be interested in what kind of package you have and whether it is included in your package.

Edited by cruisestitch