Tour package Cozumel and Cayman

bob10173

I am looking to book a a swim with dolphins in Cozumel and stingray city in Cayman. Has anyone had any experiences booking these tours with an outside company other than Carnival? The booking would be for 2 adults and 4 kids ranging from 12-17. We are sailing the Paradise in August 23rd. Thanks in advance.

Yes, In Grand Cayman I have booked Stingray City from the vendors in the port area and from Carnival. The port vendors save you a few dollars but you have to wait around until they sell enough to fill their boat. There are multiple vendors and multiple styles of signs but they all work for the same people.

I noticed very little difference in the tour itself between Carnival booked, and privately booked. I have not tried prebooking because I don't want the hassle of trying to get my money back if I can't meet up with the operator for some reason.

I am looking to book a a swim with dolphins in Cozumel and stingray city in Cayman. Has anyone had any experiences booking these tours with an outside company other than Carnival? The booking would be for 2 adults and 4 kids ranging from 12-17. We are sailing the Paradise in August 23rd. Thanks in advance.

Check out the Cayman Island forum in the Ports-of-Call section of this web site. I think you'll find lots of good information there.

We've never done a dolphin swim, but we have booked a Stingray City excursion from a private operator. We've done a Jet Ski excursion on Grand Cayman through Fat Fish Adventures twice. Loved it both times. Your kids would probably have a blast. We arranged before the cruise and Fat Fish are great to work with.

Hope that helps some.

I have visited stingray city with Stingray Sailing twice. They offer an excellent excursion.

We pre-booked a dolphin experience directly with the company at Chakanaab Park. We picked up a cab at the port to get there. It too was an awesome experience. I'm not sure whether or not you can do this any more. You might need to go through the cruise line.

You will find tons more information about both of these on the 'ports of call' board.

...a little more info...

For both of those excursions we had 3 teenage boys with us and they loved them both!

Stingray sailing picked us up and dropped us back at the port. We pre-booked this in advance.

Edited by cath32
More info

We usually use shore trips dot com. They have multi port packages. We used them twice for the stingray excursion in GC. They contract with a local vendor and it was a much smaller group than the carnival excursion. Use them for most of our excursions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Swim with the dolphins at Chankanaab in Coz was a great experience for my kids. Not cheap - a better value if you book it through outside of the cruise line.

We've been to Grand Cayman several times and always book the stingray and snorkel tour with Moby Dick - smaller boat, great service, no pressure to buy photos, etc. plus kid sized snorkel gear if you need it.

We had a wonderful time swimming with the dolphin at Chankanaab in Cozumel. We can't wait until my daughter gets a little older to do it again some day.

In Grand Cayman with did the stingray sandbar, snorkeling the reef and Rum Point with Nativeway and had a fabulous day!

I have reviews of both of these places listed in my signature line with TONS of photos. :)