recent Princess Island show?

hmtsai

We're leaving next week for our first Alaska cruise. Got an email from Princess about some information of our booking. There's a section mentioned "Original Productions" and below are "Motor City" and "Piano Man". What about "On the Bayou"? :eek: I always heard good comments about this show on CC and really look forward to it. Is the show cut by Princess? Anyone who RECENTLY back from Island can tell me did you see "On the Bayou" on the ship or not? Thank you!

We're leaving next week for our first Alaska cruise. Got an email from Princess about some information of our booking. There's a section mentioned "Original Productions" and below are "Motor City" and "Piano Man". What about "On the Bayou"? :eek: I always heard good comments about this show on CC and really look forward to it. Is the show cut by Princess? Anyone who RECENTLY back from Island can tell me did you see "On the Bayou" on the ship or not? Thank you!

We were in the Island in July. I believethe shows were" Piano Man" and "On the Bayou". Seen Piano Man before it is ok. "On te Bayou" was a good show, the lead singers could be better. This group has been with Princess for quite a while, I was hoping they would get better. On the Bayou is in the lounge, get there early because there is not enough seats, we sat in the front row.

Hope your weather was better than ours, a lot of rain and cold on the cruise part.

Pam

Was on the Island in May. See On the Bayou before it goes away on her next dry dock to make way for additional cabins. :( It is quite different than the main theatre shows. And yes, you need to get there early as seating is more limited than the main theatre. I have been thinking for a while Princess needs to retire/replace most of their shows as they have been around too long.

Thank you all for your responses.

When you said "Princess Island" I got very curious as I thought they were starting to do a show on Princess Cays, the Princess private island :)

Its the Island Princess, not the other way around :)

oops... sorry about any confusion. Tried to modify the title but couldn't do it.

Oh my goodness--don’t miss the “Bayou” show. we saw it in April/May and would gladly have watched it again. Do a very early dinner--go to find seats at least 40-50 min. before showtime. We thought it was so much better than the other production shows.

We were on in mid-June and "Piano Man" was on the second night of the cruise at 8pm and 9:45pm. The next night was a comedian and the following night was "On the Bayou" at 7pm, 8:30pm and 10pm in the Universe Lounge, Deck 6 aft.

We didn't go to any of the shows, but heard rave reviews about "On the Bayou" from other passengers.

Does 'On The Bayou' still show on the Coral or just the Island now?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

"On the Bayou" was created and developed for the Island and the Coral stage. The cast makes a little bit of a difference (some are better than others) but the over all experience is fantastic. In my opinion, this is the best production show Princess puts on. A not to be missed performance. Generally, the late show is easier to find a seat. I would recommend as far front as you can get. I've done two in one night...