Left luggage Miami Bayside - Help Please

york survey

In March we had 8 hours before our flight out of Fort Lauderdale. We stored our luggage at the airport (can't remember the price, but it must have been ok), rented a car and went to 1 of the parks near the cruise port, had a late lunch/early dinner and then eventually returned to the airport. It was a relaxing way to spend most of the day.

After our 2nd cruise 2005 our ship disembarked in Miami. We had 8 or 9 hrs to kill. I had never been to the Everglades or seen alligators, so we rented a car & headed to the Everglades. It was a fun way to end our vacation. At that time we were able to check our luggage and go on our merry way.

I'm sure you'll decide on something. Have a wonderful trip.:)

This happened to us last year, we got off early and took a cab to the airport. There is one there for $12 a bag. We then got the public transport out to the mall etc. we then realised that we could have just gone up a floor to the rental car hub that has about 10 different companies and hired a car for the day for the cost of storing 4 bags!

My thought would be in an entirely different direction. :)

Is this the result of an airline schedule change? If so, I have found that most airlines will work with you if you contact them and tell them the change in times will not work for you. I have done this many times with miles tickets, even if the desired flights had no miles seats. "Schedule change" is a magic word that can get things done if you politely ask if an alternative can be arranged.

This, of course, presupposes that better flights exist, and you have not already gone down this road.

My thought would be in an entirely different direction. :)

Is this the result of an airline schedule change? If so, I have found that most airlines will work with you if you contact them and tell them the change in times will not work for you. I have done this many times with miles tickets, even if the desired flights had no miles seats. "Schedule change" is a magic word that can get things done if you politely ask if an alternative can be arranged.

This, of course, presupposes that better flights exist, and you have not already gone down this road.

For domestic or short haul international flights where an airline runs multiple daily flights to a given destination this might work, but I'm not aware of any airlines flying multiple Fort Lauderdale - UK flights.

A few years ago I flew into Miami early in the day before a flight to Madrid later that evening and didn't want to spend the day at the airport. Found a baggage checkroom at the airport where I left my luggage, for a fee, grabbed a taxi and went to South Beach for lunch and spent the afternoon there.

Came back to the airport around 6 and got my luggage from the baggage checkroom (which is manned) and went on my way....no fuss, no muss :D

You can probably find something about it on the Miami Airport website.

For domestic or short haul international flights where an airline runs multiple daily flights to a given destination this might work, but I'm not aware of any airlines flying multiple Fort Lauderdale - UK flights.

True, but using miles means the possibilities open to the airline alliance. Flights leaving to the UK that late from Miami appear to be Oneworld. Thus, between American, BA, Iberia, and US Air, many possibilities can be explored.