Comedy club capacity...

NavyCruiser

We love Carnival's Comedians, & their Punchliner comedy programs.

Now that our kids are older & can join us for the adult shows, it's a blast.

However, our biggest pet peeve is that Carnival usually has it late at night in the small aft deck 5 lounges. Most times, if you don't get there 20 - 30 minutes early, & with many people saving seats, you won't get a decent (not good, just decent) seats, if any at all.

Just curious as to why Carnival won't have those comedians in a larger venue lounge, maybe ice skating rink or main theatre? Besides maybe being too big & losing the cozy atmosphere, but we'll exchange that for a larger venue that makes it a more enjoyable seating experience for us...

Doesnt make any sense to me either. I have asked JH about this and the answer is they want to have it in a smaller venue. This means very often people cant get into the show.

And lately comedians have different material foreach adult show so the old comment that they are repeated doesnt work.

BTw no ice skating rink on CCL. You are thinking RCCL.

Yep, the lines were long on the Magic....and if you didn't get there about 30 minutes before the show you were out of luck. Then we went on the Triumph and you could walk right in and get a seat. It was rarely crowded either, they would let us stay in our seats for the next show. Go figure.

I get the small setting but they need to figure out a better way for people to see the shows. The line went all the way down the promenade and it was hard for folks to even get by to go to other areas.

Yep, the lines were long on the Magic....and if you didn't get there about 30 minutes before the show you were out of luck. Then we went on the Triumph and you could walk right in and get a seat. It was rarely crowded either, they would let us stay in our seats for the next show. Go figure.

I get the small setting but they need to figure out a better way for people to see the shows. The line went all the way down the promenade and it was hard for folks to even get by to go to other areas.

This was my exact same experience on the Magic, September 2012!! You cannot stay in your seats when the show is over. The Staff make you leave the room, you have to get back in line (Which will be long) and re-enter the room!!

My observations from past few times at the comedy club:

1) The family friendly and late, late night shows had a lot more open seats

2) On a 7 day cruise, there are 4 nights of comedy - the last 2 nights had more open seats than the first 2 nights.

3) For the 9pm and 10pm shows, get there early, and have a drink or two while you wait.

4) On the 4 and 5 night cruises, there were open seats to all the shows.

5) The only time it was super crowded for me was on the Dream on the first night - no open seats at all 15 mins before show - we left and came back later.

I agree this stinks but they do not seem to be flexible about this.

However, our biggest pet peeve is that Carnival usually has it late at night in the small aft deck 5 lounges. Most times, if you don't get there 20 - 30 minutes early, & with many people saving seats, you won't get a decent (not good, just decent) seats, if any at all.

Just curious as to why Carnival won't have those comedians in a larger venue lounge, maybe ice skating rink or main theatre? Besides maybe being too big & losing the cozy atmosphere, but we'll exchange that for a larger venue that makes it a more enjoyable seating experience for us...

Which Carnival ships have ice skating rinks?

Agree!

(Except no skating rinks on any Carnival ships that I know of...)

It was rarely crowded either, they would let us stay in our seats for the next show. Go figure. .

I have yet to sail on a ship in the past few years that I was not allowed to stay for the second show.

Had to get up and go stand in the line. Always got in too.

But now we just go to the family friendly show.. tons easier

I don't mind that part as much, to let others see the show...and we rarely stay for both shows. We did on the Triumph just because we could. The Magic was so crazy we never tried to attend two shows, just went and did something else.

I have yet to sail on a ship in the past few years that I was not allowed to stay for the second show.

Had to get up and go stand in the line. Always got in too.

But now we just go to the family friendly show.. tons easier

Some of the Carnival ships I've been in have a rarely used lounge on level 4. It was either the Conquest or Liberty a lot of the trivia games were held there.

If redid you could add more seats and a little stage in there and since most nights there is 2 comedians, one performs on level 5 and the other on level 4 and then they switch. This way you don't have to get up and get back in line or anything, the audience stays put and the comedians change spots. Seems to me to be an easy fix.

Some of the Carnival ships I've been in have a rarely used lounge on level 4. It was either the Conquest or Liberty a lot of the trivia games were held there.

If redid you could add more seats and a little stage in there and since most nights there is 2 comedians, one performs on level 5 and the other on level 4 and then they switch. This way you don't have to get up and get back in line or anything, the audience stays put and the comedians change spots. Seems to me to be an easy fix.

Great sugg.

Agreed, easy fix.

It is an easy fix but apparently they like it they way it is and the inconvenience to passengers comes in second. BTW all Conquest class ships have this lounge which is hardly used.