Upgrade question Constellation

Ssislandgirl

Hi all,

We are leaving in 28 days to cruise on the Constellation from Amsterdam to Istanbul. The cruise fare has been dropping continuously, but we are still happy with our existing stateroom choice of category 2B - 8029, since we got prepaid gratuities from the TA, beverage package and $600 OBC. We would like to upgrade to either Aqua class or Family Ocean View (9156 to be specific), which is possible for $200 pp without loosing any of our perks. I just like to hear people's opinions on what they would choose. Upgrade or stay put and why?

Thanks for your input.

Regards

Petra

No question- I would definitely upgrade to 9156. That would be an awesome cabin with the tremendous balcony. Aquaclass was nothing special IMO. I didn't care all that much for Blu and the Spa on Constellation is so-so. The Persian Garden wasn't impressive. If you want to do specialty dining instead of the MDR-that would be my suggestion. Bistro on Five is a great bargain for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

We had 9156 on Millennium, it became available a few weeks before departure and we swapped from a C1.

The size was great especially as there was only the two of us and as everyone says, the balcony is huge however, you may experience noise from the bar directly above.

When they are cleaning in the morning, they tend to drag the chairs and tables across the floor so if you are a light sleeper, you may well be disturbed, I was. :mad:

I did mention it to the barman but they have a job to do, and that's just the way they do it, have always done it, and will continue to do it. ( He just pretended that he didn't know what I was talking about)

I'm not one who complains ( well I might to my DP, ;) ) but after a few mornings it was really troubling me as they do start quite early so we spoke to the Customer Relations and were fortunate that the cabin directly below us was empty and we were moved to 8166.

I just thought you should know :o

If prices have come down significantly since you first booked, I would take advantage of that and the opportunity to upgrade for little cost.

Either Cabin would be a nice BONUS... Aqua so if you've never tried it and want to check ou Blu & various extra perks.

But personally, having seen a FV cabin on our Summit Cruise, I think that would be my first choice... Those cabins and their oversized Aft Balconies are awesome !!

As for noise... I guess that is a bit of a trade off. All of the aft Sunset Balconies have some noise issues... Be it the 9th Deck or 11th (Oceanview Bar) or just the fact that there can be more engine noise vibration...

We were on Deck 7... We slept well, but did know when the ship was coming into port each morning, as the engines noise / vibration change on the approach to the Port... And then again in the Harbour... And lastly when docking.

We went with the flow... As we quickly found that getting up early to see the Sail in was EXTREMELY special from the aft... And we weren't alone... Most aft-ers were doing the same. Sail aways were equally popular.

We got into the practice of finding a spot otherwise in the day where we could grab a 1 hour short nap to make up for it. Lol, in truth it was sooooo worth it... The Sunrises & Sunsets... Sail ins and Sailaways are part of what made that cruise soooo fabulous.

So much so that BOTH my upcoming cruises will be Aft on Sunset Balconies !!

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Hi all,

We are leaving in 28 days to cruise on the Constellation from Amsterdam to Istanbul. The cruise fare has been dropping continuously, but we are still happy with our existing stateroom choice of category 2B - 8029, since we got prepaid gratuities from the TA, beverage package and $600 OBC. We would like to upgrade to either Aqua class or Family Ocean View (9156 to be specific), which is possible for $200 pp without loosing any of our perks. I just like to hear people's opinions on what they would choose. Upgrade or stay put and why?

Thanks for your input.

Regards

Petra

I would definitely grab 9156. A corner FOV is not to be missed. Fabulous cabin. We had 9197. Weren't bothered by chair noise in the mornings. You'd hear it in the afternoons, but no big deal. Do not delay, though, these go fast.

Thanks y'all for your recommendations. I have 1 more question. We are not so much worried about the noise factor since we are early-risers anyways and have a port intensive itinerary. My husband in particular is concerned about the diesel exhaust wafting behind the ship and preventing us from being able to enjoy the balcony. Did anybody experience these issues?

Your help is greatly appreciated

Regards

Petra

Thanks y'all for your recommendations. I have 1 more question. We are not so much worried about the noise factor since we are early-risers anyways and have a port intensive itinerary. My husband in particular is concerned about the diesel exhaust wafting behind the ship and preventing us from being able to enjoy the balcony. Did anybody experience these issues?

Your help is greatly appreciated

Regards

Petra

No we didnt.

Any time I could get an aft corner FV I would be on the phone in an instant! Never had any issues at all on the few times we have been lucky enough to snag one. That said, aft cabins do get more motion if that matters to you (both 'regular' motion plus on M class in particular some side to side shaking at times). I also love AQ for Blu in particular, but room location on that could also impact my decision. I do not recall where M class AQ rooms are, but if they are under the pool or another loud area that is something to consider.