Question about Breakaway lights

Watermanfunari

Hi, I have a question about the lights in the cabins. I did read all about how you have to put an old card in the slot to keep the lights on and so you can also have your electonics charging.

But I always bring a little alarm clock with me that has to be plugged in, does that mean when I want to go to bed and shut off the lights, I will then not have the alarm clock on?

I would hate to sleep with the lights on the whole cruise.

Also the main light switch, is that for the bathroom too? I always keep the bathroom light on with the door ajar as a night light, and for any night time runs if needed.

I can not get use to all these changes with all the cruise lines on these light issues. I finally get the outlet plugs figured out and now this.

I know, I might just have to bring sleeping masks for us so we can sleep, lol But as long as I am on a cruise things won't matter once on board.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Sue

No, you are fine. You put the card in the slot when you are in the room. When the card is in the slot, all lights can be turned on and off as they normally would. All outlets work. If you are there sleeping, and the card is in the slot, your alarm will work fine, and you can turn off all the lights, and leave on the bathroom light. I brought a dummy card, and left it in the slot 24 hours a day. I told my room steward not to remove it. Everything charged, nothing ever was turned off. No problem.

Terry

Hi, I have a question about the lights in the cabins. I did read all about how you have to put an old card in the slot to keep the lights on and so you can also have your electonics charging.

But I always bring a little alarm clock with me that has to be plugged in, does that mean when I want to go to bed and shut off the lights, I will then not have the alarm clock on?

I would hate to sleep with the lights on the whole cruise.

Also the main light switch, is that for the bathroom too? I always keep the bathroom light on with the door ajar as a night light, and for any night time runs if needed.

I can not get use to all these changes with all the cruise lines on these light issues. I finally get the outlet plugs figured out and now this.

I know, I might just have to bring sleeping masks for us so we can sleep, lol But as long as I am on a cruise things won't matter once on board.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Sue

You can have your lights off, but the outlets working, so that's not a problem. I don't recommend a plugged in clock though, as the the electicity onboard works differently, it may be fixed now, but last time I did it, the time jumped all over the place. You're much better off bringing a battery alarm clock.

Hi Sue, I was on Breakaway in March and going again at the end of the month. There was no issue, they have a dummy card in the slot so you do not have to worry about the lights as you can turn off the light in the room and keep the bathroom one on.

I hope this helps.

L.

Hi Sue, I was on Breakaway in March and going again at the end of the month. There was no issue, they have a dummy card in the slot so you do not have to worry about the lights as you can turn off the light in the room and keep the bathroom one on.

I hope this helps.

L.

Our haven suite on BreakAway had a dummy card, the butler said it was because of the coffee machine. My sisters non suite cabin did not have one, they had to use their own card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As an aside...

I can't help but chuckle thinking about the large number of CC members who gripe about how "wasteful" the cruise line is for printing photos that nobody buys and how bad that is for the ecosystem and how "green" they should be...and yet the minute the cruise line takes steps to save engery, all people want to do is find a way to bypass it so they can make sure the electricity is working when nobody is in the cabin. :rolleyes:

Only on Cruise Critic . . . ;)

As an aside...

I can't help but chuckle thinking about the large number of CC members who gripe about how "wasteful" the cruise line is for printing photos that nobody buys and how bad that is for the ecosystem and how "green" they should be...and yet the minute the cruise line takes steps to save engery, all people want to do is find a way to bypass it so they can make sure the electricity is working when nobody is in the cabin. :rolleyes:

Only on Cruise Critic . . . ;)

I don't mind the power off the cabin except for the air conditioner now working or devices not charging…

I don't mind the power off the cabin except for the air conditioner now working or devices not charging…

I know its sort of obvious, but I guess if your air conditioning is working and your devices are plugged in and charging, you really CAN'T mind the power being off...since that is the exact opposite of "off". :rolleyes:

Thank You so much everyone for letting me know.

I did have that happen one time with the clock not keeping the right time, I thought I was loosing my mind for a minutes, lol I will look into a wind up clock this time.

I did not even think about the Air Conditioning being turned off.

I am in a Haven Penthouse Suite, just to be sure I will bring an extra card just in case.

Now I read that if I get a soda card for me then I will have to get one for my husband too, he does not drink soda or liquor, he drinks water and he puts in his own flavors that he brings with him. Is this true? He will not let me bring soda or water with me because I have to much luggage as it is, so that is out of the question, lol lol

Thanks again everyone.

Sue

Just a thought, but could your clocks going crazy have been because they were the kind that auto-set to the atomic clock? Lots of radio frequencies and other magic bouncing around to and from a cruise ship that could interfere with that syncing.