Rome Restaurants near the Spanish Steps

PeggyCTB

We will be at the Intercontinental Hotel located near the Spanish Steps in Rome for three days post cruise in September. We are looking for suggestions for restaurants in that area for dinner. We are open to all price ranges.

Thank you.

Funny you should ask! One of our favorite restaurants in Rome is called Ristorante alla Rampa and if you're facing the Spanish Steps it's kind of behind them on the right side. We've only been there for lunch. They have a lovely antipasto bar where you can serve yourself a plate full of their delicious choices. My favorite entrée is a pasta with Gorgonzola Pear and walnuts. For dessert, we love the outstanding vanilla gelato with some kind of a wonderful orange sauce. Can't wait to go again!

Funny you should ask! One of our favorite restaurants in Rome is called Ristorante alla Rampa and if you're facing the Spanish Steps it's kind of behind them on the right side. We've only been there for lunch. They have a lovely antipasto bar where you can serve yourself a plate full of their delicious choices. My favorite entrée is a pasta with Gorgonzola Pear and walnuts. For dessert, we love the outstanding vanilla gelato with some kind of a wonderful orange sauce. Can't wait to go again!

We love Alla Rampa too, mostly for their incredible antipasto bar. I can eat a full meal just with their antipasti, but DH says their pasta and seafood dishes are great, too. We've eaten there for dinner several times and enjoyed it.

We love Alla Rampa too, mostly for their incredible antipasto bar. I can eat a full meal just with their antipasti, but DH says their pasta and seafood dishes are great, too. We've eaten there for dinner several times and enjoyed it.

Another vote for Alla Rampa!!

Yay! Funny story about it. We were eating there for the second or third time, indoors because it was winter. Normally love the outdoor patio (but be careful, the coffee out there is 7 euros!)

Anyway we almost never order dessert, and certainly never at lunch, but when the waiter asked if we wanted anything, DH piped right up and said, "Yes!" I was startled, even more so when he pointed across the restaurant to a table I couldn't see, and said, "We'll have what they're having!"

What? We're having what?? He had no idea, but he said he had been watching these two businessmen slurping up every last drop and obviously enjoying it. Turned out to be the gelato with liqueur-laced orange sauce I mentioned above. We have tried to recreate it at home, and have gotten close, but of course we can't get gelato like that for starters. But it is wonderful on its home territory!

Edited by CathyCruises

Yes, I have recommended the same restaurant to friends in the past. You must also go to Café El Greco in Via Condotti. It is just the same as it was in the 19th century when it was frequented by the likes of Keats and his contempories. The waiters all wear tail coats. It's a bit pricey and touristy, but fun if you haven't been before.