Diamond+ & concierges lounge

We just sailed the Allure of the Seas.

I cannot begin to tell you how crowded the CL lounge was every night.

It seemed if you were not there by 5:10 pm. You would not have a seat.

It fact it was not a problem to go upstairs and sit, (compared to last year when they did not want you to sit up there).

Of course we did not know if it was all suite guest or Diamonds, but, to us it did not matter.

We were first dinner so do not know what it was like after 6pm.

Sea Ya

Recently did a B2B on Allure and the CL was never crowded for two straight weeks?????.....K.O.:)

On our recent TA there were about 750 D,D+, and Pinnacle and then add in the Suite guests and it was potentially an overcrowding scenario. The staff was proactive and reserved the Colony Club from 5-8:30 and there was never a crowd. Yes, there were times when it was busier than others but the Colony Club was the perfect outlet.

On our recent TA there were about 750 D,D+, and Pinnacle and then add in the Suite guests and it was potentially an overcrowding scenario. The staff was proactive and reserved the Colony Club from 5-8:30 and there was never a crowd. Yes, there were times when it was busier than others but the Colony Club was the perfect outlet.
It's been posted on this board that RCI is not going to open overflow lounges anymore when the Voucher system is fully implemented. Maybe this only will apply to the DL & not the CL?

It fact it was not a problem to go upstairs and sit, (compared to last year when they did not want you to sit up there).

Of course we did not know if it was all suite guest or Diamonds, but, to us it did not matter.

Sea Ya

We were on the same sailing and had late seating we would arrive around 6:30 and there was never a crowd in the lounge.

Greg

It's been posted on this board that RCI is not going to open overflow lounges anymore when the Voucher system is fully implemented. Maybe this only will apply to the DL & not the CL?

I have not seen that announced by RCCL in anything to date. Once the vouchers are fully implemented there may not need to be overflow locations. I think that it depends on feedback from the customers. We enjoy the pre dinner snacks that are available in addition to the cocktails. I think that TA cruises, C&A cruises, and the super popular repositioning cruises like Boston to Tampa may always be exceptions.

Sea Ya

I can pretty much guarantee you that it was NOT the Diamonds. :rolleyes:

Sea Ya

I was on the July 27 Allure sailing and the CL was a zoo the first night. With the way the doors open and stay open a lot of non-suite and non-top tier C&A people were in there. Turned out that four suite guests had brought along over twenty of their friends. Fernando and Dexter prevented it from happening the second night and things were better. The upper level was used by a few people during the week but most were able to sit on the main level. As always the problem resolved itself when the early seating diners left for dinner.