Question about timing for excursions in Ketchikan

doodlebugakj

We will be on HAL Westerdam arriving at 7am and departing at 1pm on 8/28. Thinking of booking the 7:45am Lumberjack Show and the 11:00am Duck Tour thru the cruise line. I assume since it's thru the boat there should be no problem getting them both done but wanted to double check. Are these two places within walking distance of each other? Also hoping to have a little time in between shows to stroll thru the town :) Thanks for any help or suggestions!

You don't state the tour times. But I recall the Lumberjack being an hour?

Yes they are walkable between the tours. I'm also assuming, no mobility limitations?

So, if the case, then you would have a little time in between.

We are going to be there next summer. Personally, with the amount of time that you are in Ketchikan I would explore the town on my own. Walk all around and explore or go on the duck tour. This what we plan to do. It has been mentioned to make sure you go to Creek Street, the Dolly house perhaps one of the totem pole parks. If you have kids I would do the lumberjack show, if not you may want to skip this. All the ports have shopping available but this town seems to be a favorite shopping port. Check out this web page: http://www.alaskatravelers.com/thingsto.htm

Perhaps it will give you some ideas. Hope this helps.

There is a 7:45 lumberjack show and then 11:00 Duck Tour.

Travgirl I have a 17 yr old and two 14 yr olds will they enjoy the Lumberjack Show? Was thinking they might enjoy the Duck Tour more than just walking around but your link showed a lot of great things we could do for free all within walking

There is a 7:45 lumberjack show and then 11:00 Duck Tour.

Travgirl I have a 17 yr old and two 14 yr olds will they enjoy the Lumberjack Show? Was thinking they might enjoy the Duck Tour more than just walking around but your link showed a lot of great things we could do for free all within walking

The lengths of the tours is what's important, and would determine, if you have time for anything else.

The kids would love the lumberjack show. Didn't know they had one at 7:45 but figure 2 hours for it as there is a store there you may want to walk through. They also might like Creek street when they find out what it used to for.

Not sure it's a 7:45am show but it says departure time of 7:45 on the excursions :) I am now thinking of just the Lumberjack Show and then doing the walking tour on our own since we don't have a lot of time. Thanks for all the suggestions and help

Edited by doodlebugakj

As far as the Lumber Jack show, read reviews and then make a family decision. I think they would like the duck tour, I would even like that myself. We may do that while we are there, but we are spending so much money on the other two excursions we may just walk on our own here to explore the town. You will have a great time with whatever you decide to do!!!