Guatemala strikes again...

florisdekort

Hello All, we have been monitoring this thread very carefully and it is very concerning some of the posts that have been made here regarding our customer service department handling our North American calls. We would like to address each of the situations noted here from a guest and travel agent perspective. Below you will find the email contact information for Susanne Bernroth, Lead Customer Service Manager in Miami who oversees our Call Center and Carmen Roig, Director of Sales North America who oversees all of our travel agent partners. If you have experienced an issue in dealing with our customer service team directly please contact Susanne. If you are a travel agent or know that your travel agent has had issues with our customer service department, please contact Carmen. We appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention, we are working diligently to get the new call center up to speed and ask for your patience during this transition period.

Susanne Bernroth | Manager, Call Center

Azamara Club Cruises

SBernroth@AzamaraClubCruises.com

Carmen Corvos-Roig, Director of Sales, North America

Azamara Club Cruises

CRoig@AzamaraClubCruises.com

Thank You, Azamara Club Cruises

Thank you Joel I do believe everyone is doing what they can to look at what can be done to recover situations

Hello All, we have been monitoring this thread very carefully and it is very concerning some of the posts that have been made here regarding our customer service department handling our North American calls. We would like to address each of the situations noted here from a guest and travel agent perspective. Below you will find the email contact information for Susanne Bernroth, Lead Customer Service Manager in Miami who oversees our Call Center and Carmen Roig, Director of Sales North America who oversees all of our travel agent partners. If you have experienced an issue in dealing with our customer service team directly please contact Susanne. If you are a travel agent or know that your travel agent has had issues with our customer service department, please contact Carmen. We appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention, we are working diligently to get the new call center up to speed and ask for your patience during this transition period.

Azamara Club Cruises

Azamara Club Cruises

Finally. Thanks, AzamaraJoel.

I wonder how may UK residents will be using them in future.

We won't. I'm very much on the fence about cancelling our upcoming Nov 1 cruise.

Perhaps, because I'm a programmer, I really can't see what is so difficult about Azamara UK fixing their website. How do they justify having such a faulty website with no online booking/updating/viewing facilities, for well over a year already, with (what appears to be) absolutely no interest whatsoever in resolving this? Every time I look at my booking, I owe a different amount!

But mainly, it really rubs me up the wrong way that here in the UK, we lose our whole deposit if we cancel, yet the US only gets to pay $25. How is that fair? Why are we being treated differently? Had I realised this before booking, I would not have booked, and I will certainly not book again unless this wholly unfair policy is changed. There are plenty of other cruise lines out there.

We are due to pay for our cruise next week, and as the date gets closer, I feel less and less inclined to confirm this cruise.

Unfortunately with most mainstream cruise lines the rules seem to be against the UK and this has been the case for many years, excuse always seems to be that we have tougher consumer protection although I fail to see why this should make a difference. There have been improvements, Princess will now let you cancel up to 180 days prior with no loss of deposit, most other lines will allow you to change cruises but for a fee, Silverseas allowed us to cancel with no loss of deposit but the deposit was 20%.

As regards web sites and call centres we have had frustrations for years with most of the cruise lines we have dealt with Azamara is not an exception. We find the best way of dealing with it is to find a good travel agent who understands the product they are selling, they will shoulder most of the frustration.

The onboard Azamara product is very good and provides us with the cruise experience we enjoy so we will continue to book with them and let our trusted TA take the strain.

We won't. I'm very much on the fence about cancelling our upcoming Nov 1 cruise.

But mainly, it really rubs me up the wrong way that here in the UK, we lose our whole deposit if we cancel, yet the US only gets to pay $25. How is that fair? Why are we being treated differently? Had I realised this before booking, I would not have booked, and I will certainly not book again unless this wholly unfair policy is changed. There are plenty of other cruise lines out there.

As I understand it, in the UK we are fully protected through ABTA from the moment we book, something I do not believe others get. All cruiselines in the UK have cancellation policies that differ depending on what part of the world you are in. Of course I would like ours to be more liberal, but I would want to know what we might lose in the process

You can always book with a US agent online if you want the flexibility re cancellations, but you might also be taking a currency exchange risk instead

Azamara Club Cruises

Azamara Club Cruises

Can UK cruisers email Susanne with Guatemala customer services issues?

I was so annoyed by the service and lies I didn't even post on Cruise Critic.

Hello Norn Iron,

For any issues from our UK guests or trade members involving our brand please feel free to contact our Managing Director Richard Twynam.

rtwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com

We apologize for any issues you have had with our customer service, Richard and his team are working hard to resolve this.

Thank you, Azamara.

Can UK cruisers email Susanne with Guatemala customer services issues?

I was so annoyed by the service and lies I didn't even post on Cruise Critic.

I too was furious at Guatamala's incompetence and emailed Mr Twynam a couple of weeks ago.

His initial response to my email came in five minutes and the issue was resolved satisfactorily by the end of the day.

I thought this was impressive to say the least. While I would prefer not to have to contact the UK Managing Director to troubleshoot, I will take this route again should the need arise.

It would be nice to think that at some point Guatamala will be as customer focused as Mr Twynam

Hello Norn Iron,

For any issues from our UK guests or trade members involving our brand please feel free to contact our Managing Director Richard Twynam.

rtwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com

We apologize for any issues you have had with our customer service, Richard and his team are working hard to resolve this.

Thank you, Azamara.

AzamaraJoel (and Uktog) thanks for the advice regarding emailing Richard Twynam.

I have to travel to France tomorrow for a week (business) and will email on my return.