Miami parking near Port of Miami?

jimw

The several I've run across seem to get pretty bad reviews. Does anyone have suggestions for a place that gets decent reviews and has a free shuttle to the port? We could park out near the airport if there is a reliable shuttle to the Port of Miami.

For me, a reliable shuttle is key!

Parking at POM is convenient, covered and secure. :cool: But costs $20/day. :(

Parking anywhere else will not be as convenient, will probably not be covered, and for sure will not be as secure. :eek:

Have you looked at hotel parking deals. Several budget options near MIA are often suggested here, including La Quinta East and Comfort Suites North - both include "free" shuttles to POM, but you'll need a $25+ cab to get back to your car.

Good luck!

Miami has one of the least desirable offsite parking situations in the cruising game.

I've used Premier off of 2nd Ave and they were great. This was about a year and a half ago but it saved us over half of what we would of spent at the port so it was worth it. Shuttle was timely but that's more of a "luck" thing and if you are down at the Royal Caribbean entrance (first entrance but last that shuttles visit) you may see a full shuttle.. Covered garage, however they also utilize the top floor which is uncovered. Being from Florida my car has seen every type of Heat/Sun/Rain condition there is to see so that certainly wasn't a big deal but it may be for some.

I fully recommend them based on my experience.

Website is here:

http://www.airportparkingreservations.com/lot_premier_cruise_parking_garage_mia

Edited by kdawg954

We live in Florida so not staying at a hotel, do any of these do a Park and Shuttle to port and return?

Parking at POM is convenient, covered and secure. :cool: But costs $20/day. :(

Parking anywhere else will not be as convenient, will probably not be covered, and for sure will not be as secure. :eek:

Have you looked at hotel parking deals. Several budget options near MIA are often suggested here, including La Quinta East and Comfort Suites North - both include "free" shuttles to POM, but you'll need a $25+ cab to get back to your car.

Good luck!

We live in Florida so not staying at a hotel, do any of these do a Park and Shuttle to port and return?

I do not know of any of the hotel parking packages that includes a "free" shuttle back to your car/hotel after the cruise; to many people coming off the ships at different times to make it possible for the hotel shuttles to efficiently pick up and return passengers. A taxi back to the MIA area hotels will cost you $25+ on the meter.

Parking in downtown Miami is expensive - every hotel charges their guests $25-30+/day :eek: for parking. I would be very suspicious of any lot in downtown Miami that says they can offer you secure parking and shuttle service for under $10/day. :confused: There are some areas of downtown where I would not want to leave my car for 10 minutes much less 7 days.

It's your car - do you feel lucky? :confused:

Miami has one of the least desirable offsite parking situations in the cruising game.

I've used Premier off of 2nd Ave and they were great. This was about a year and a half ago but it saved us over half of what we would of spent at the port so it was worth it. Shuttle was timely but that's more of a "luck" thing and if you are down at the Royal Caribbean entrance (first entrance but last that shuttles visit) you may see a full shuttle.. Covered garage, however they also utilize the top floor which is uncovered. Being from Florida my car has seen every type of Heat/Sun/Rain condition there is to see so that certainly wasn't a big deal but it may be for some.

I fully recommend them based on my experience.

Website is here:

http://www.airportparkingreservations.com/lot_premier_cruise_parking_garage_mia

I've also used this parking lot, 3 maybe 4 times without any issues Booked through globalairportparking.com didn't know they had their own site.

We used Embassy Suites but no free shuttle it was $10 PP to POM & a taxi back $25

If you are going for a short cruise I would just park at POM

we went for 30 days so it was cost effective for us to use the hotel parking

There are some other hotels listed at

http://www.airportparkingreservations.com/miami_airport_parking_mia

Lyn

Edited by LHT28