Promanade Room

We have a PR booked on the Deck 6 on AOS in October. We are hoping that it won't be too noisy being so close to the Royal Promenade.

Anyone else happen to have been in the same type of cabin? I'd love to hear what you think about it. :)

The bench is not a storage bench, but good idea!!

My kids were on deck 6 (prominade cabin) only 1 night teens at the cafe were really loud & you could hear them, other that I never heard anything. Great room! Enjoy

There is no storage under the window seat but I promise you there is more than enough storage space in this room for 2 people:D

As to whether or not you will hear noise on Deck 6 it will depend what your room is above. If it is above a bar, you might hear some noise and bass (as some people remarked on our cruise) but if you are above a shop/guest relations, etc. it should be pretty quiet.

We loved the PR room we had on our first cruise and have booked another for our second.

Cheers,

we were in rooms pr 6577 6579 6581 on the mariner of the sea

there was a bar right below these cabins

it was very Noisy at night when they had live music i could hear every word

from every song he sang

the good news is this only lasted till about 1:oo am or so

but if your a light sleeper or go to bed early these cabins would be a very

bad choice

We are going to be on the Mariner and have elected a promenade room, mid-ship on the 8th deck. Will there be noise that far up? Also, has anyone done a balcony on one cruise and then switched to promenade for next cruise? If so, were you happy with your decision to switch or did you miss the balcony terribly?

Thank you all very much for your replies. We are in the middle of Deck 6 -- Cabin 6277 -- and I think we are above the Cafe Promenade or Perfume Shop, but across from The Duck & Dog Pub. We don't plan on going to bed early on the ship (I don't think there is enough time in a day now!!) so all should be quiet by the time we head to bed. Can't wait to go! :)

We are going to be on the Mariner and have elected a promenade room, mid-ship on the 8th deck. Will there be noise that far up? Also, has anyone done a balcony on one cruise and then switched to promenade for next cruise? If so, were you happy with your decision to switch or did you miss the balcony terribly?

My Mom always gets a balcony...our last cruise on the VOS she got the Prominade room, although it's a very cool room, (my kids had it) she missed a balcony BIG TIME, when she woke up or went in her room she hated the fact she couldn't see daylight. Her bigest complaint was she never felt like she knew if it was day or night.

We have been on all the Voyager Class Ships and took a PR Cabin each time. On "Voyager" We were on deck 6 and heard nothing. We were in the last cabin opposite the Pursers desk over one of the shops. Then We went to deck 7 on "Explorer", "Navigator" and deck 8 on "Mariner" and again in Sept. this year on "Voyager". I liked decks 7&8 better as the view is better as you are higher up and very quiet as you only have cabins above and below you. The rooms are great for people watching and for viewing the 2 parades during the week.

Plenty of room for 2. Fit our luggage under the bed and We had 2 large suitcases& 2 medium size suitcases. Closet also has plenty of room. I brought extra hangars for my clothes. You can also ask your room steward for extras. The only part of the room that is a bit tight is at foot of the bed where dressing table is located.

You also have a nice Love seat and table near window. I think you will enjoy it. I have heard that it can be noisey over the lounges so when selecting a PR on deck 6 check to see what is under you. No storage in window seat...

Archived