Possible man overboard on Grandeur

[quote name='Aquahound']Grandeur just went through a major inspection when returning to service after last year's fire. The ship is compliant with today's regulations and has the go-ahead to sail from the USCG. This, I know, is fact.

Ref man overboard detection, you mentioned lasers. They are crap. Lasers need reflectors to work and ships flex every time they pitch or roll, breaking the connection. Plus, lasers can't differentiate between people, garbage, deck chairs, birds...nothing.

What is just now coming on line is a system that detects falling heat signatures. They are slowly being installed on ships, but this process takes weeks for just 1 ship, is very expensive, and is very reliant on the availability of the contractors who created the system. I know this installation is a complicated process because I got to see it in action a few weeks ago on Zuiderdam. I shared a beer with one of the installers, who explained the system to me.

But all this aside, 2 facts still remain. This alleged suicide is yet to be confirmed by any news source and two, Grandeur is not a non complaint ship.[/QUOTE]

Finally, someone who knows the facts. Would love you to go head to head with this ambulance chaser.
Thanks for providing facts to lay people such as myself who know nothing about detection systems.

[quote name='LetsGetWet!']I posted that observation - that there's not a single news agency corroborating his "story." He deleted my comment & blocked me from his Facebook page! LOL! He obviously doesn't take kindly to people pointing out that most of his "news" is unverified drivel! :rolleyes:.[/QUOTE]

Amazing. That just goes to show how much integrity this guy really has. There still is NOTHING in the media and he isn't man enough to post a redaction. He blocked you? What a tool! :D