single cabins

gelfy666

Hello, has anyone any experience of single cabins on P&O ships.... Looks like I may be in one on our next cruise we book as the mother-in-laws coming and needs to be in the cabin with my wife as she needs help with stuff.

The single cabins seem ok in the brochure just interested if anyone's been in one.

thank you

I tried an inside and outside single on Ventura and DO NOT recommend them. They were truly awful and the worst cabins i have had on P&O.

When the ship was underway there were so many creaks, squeaks and bangings in the walls and ceilings that I found it impossible to sleep in the inside I booked. After the first night i went to the reception and they moved me immediately to a single outside. It was better but not much better. Especially entertaining was the family of gerbils that apparently lived in the wall next to the bed. These cabins were not fit for purpose :mad:

the problem might be because the cabins were added in a refit. I notice Cunard are adding single cabins to their ships and guess what, after installing the cabins they do not offer them for sale for several months. Obviously so all the creaks, squeaks etc can be fixed.

You might find you can book a double cabin for single occupancy for only a few pounds more than buying a single.

Interesting reading..... I'm lucky that I can sleep though anything then lol. I can understand the noise because we were on Ventura in the Bay of Biscay in a force 10 and it creaked like a creaky thing on the lower decks around Costa and the shops.

Suppose we'll see what ships are going where in the 2nd half of 2016 when we look at booking.

Could be a fly med cruise, but not sure which ship is doing it in 2016.

If Venice does not change its mind about allowing large ships to call it won't be Ventura. Oceana is doing the fly cruises for next year and she has no single cabins. Of course i presume there will be fly cruises in 2016, maybe with 2 ships?

The advantage of booking a double for single occupancy is you can have almost any cabin you want, allowing you to have cabins next door or over the corridor.