Question: Island Wings in Ketchikan

April7901

I've read such good things about Michelle and Island Wings.

Yet, I'm having a heck of a time getting anyone to respond to emails there. It took two weeks to get an initial response, and that was only after I sent a second inquiry.

Now I'm back to nearly three weeks since my last inquiry, which was basically trying to settle on a reservation.

But it makes me really nervous to book with an agency that's not particularly responsive.

Is this normal for Island Wings?

Ketchikan is known for internet and phone problems. All kinds of glitches happen. I have a friend, who about 50% of the time, doesn't get my emails, same story all the time. :) Has been going on for years with him.

At this point, I would call.

Well, these are both good and annoying responses. Thanks. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Pick up the phone and give them a call. Remember the three hour time difference. I never rely on email to anywhere in Alaska and I live here. If I send an email and don't get a response in a reasonable time I pick up the phone and call them.

Local Phone (907) 225-2444

Toll Free Phone (888) 854-2444

Edited by bearbait

I hesitated to do this trip as it is expensive....and it turned out to be one of the best excursions I have done. Call them.....remember there is a 4 hr time difference...It is is 12 noon in Alaska. then it is 4 PM in NY... :)

Edited by laughing husky
spelling

I just used them at the end of July and the excursion was well worth the money. I had an issue too with getting in touch through email but called them and booked over the phone. We were sitting in their office while waiting for our excursion to leave and they were very busy with phone calls and answering emails. In fact the woman that was making the reservations made mention that she had received many emails over night while they were closed. So pick up the phone and call you will get better response.

Judi

I had no problem with e-mail but they do seem to only do e-mail once a day or so, there may not be instant answer. The person in the office, Shona, also fuels the plane, takes care of the passengers prior to and after the flights, drives the van to pick up people, etc so it may be a day or so to answer, from my experience. We flew with Michelle on August 12 and had a fantastic time. My wife keeps reminding me that Michelle put her in the back of the plane as she was the lightest person in the group. I cannot say enough good things, book today as it was one of the highlights of our cruise. (the other being the boat ride in Tracy Arm).