Cab Price from Ft Lauderdale airport

mickey-mouse

A cab is always cheaper unless you are traveling alone. Using the transfer bus usually means a great deal of, "Hurry up and wait" as the bus must be filled up before it leaves the airport. It might mean a few minutes, it might mean fifteen to twenty minutes or more.

Plan on around $15 (including tip) from FLL to the pier at Port Everglades for a cab. This is not per person, but per cab. Traffic conditions may make it a dollar or two more or less. Cabs are always plentiful at the airport.

Edited by tip

for most any airport, of you go to their web site you will find a ground transportation page giving info about transport to significant local destinations

for Lauderdale:

http://www.broward.org/Airport/Transportation/Pages/Default.aspx

as you see:

assuming your RCCL pier is in Port Everglades .... (some RCCL cruises leave from Miami . . )

your taxi cost is $17 for the car BUT this is on the meter and not flat rate like MIA to POM so the rate MAY vary a bit. A shared ride (aka shuttle) is $11 PER PERSON .....

I'll bet a sprinkle donut BOTH prices beat the cruise line transfer .... BUT the transfer has the advantage of easy and YOU never have to touch your luggage until it arrives at your cabin . . .

We will be taking a taxi or shuttle from FLL to a RCCL ship. What is the correct information for the total cost? We are a family of five. Thanks!

5 plus bags will likely require a van or SUV cab instead of a standard sedan - but the fare shoudl be the same; on the meter the 10 minute or less trip from FLL to Port Everglades shoudl cost about $15 or less plus tip. Bring some $5s and lots of singles (or maybe a $20 and call it a day) - cab drivers all over the world never seem to have change when you whip out a large bill.

I always use my phone to take a photo of the cab # and driver ID - if the driver asks why I tell them it is in case I forget something. Knowing that you have documented who the driver is seems to cut down attempts to cheat on fares. :cool:

5 plus bags will likely require a van or SUV cab instead of a standard sedan - but the fare shoudl be the same; on the meter the 10 minute or less trip from FLL to Port Everglades shoudl cost about $15 or less plus tip. Bring some $5s and lots of singles (or maybe a $20 and call it a day) - cab drivers all over the world never seem to have change when you whip out a large bill.

I always use my phone to take a photo of the cab # and driver ID - if the driver asks why I tell them it is in case I forget something. Knowing that you have documented who the driver is seems to cut down attempts to cheat on fares. :cool:

Good information, thanks! To be clear, it should be no more than $20 for a family of five? Thank you!

Be careful of taxi drivers trying to charge you a flat rate when the meter is on. It's a scam & happened to me & many others......

Was the flat rate a lot more than the meter?

At POM they do use the meter sometimes but still only charged us the flat rate

Was the flat rate a lot more than the meter?

At POM they do use the meter sometimes but still only charged us the flat rate

The meter read around $12. We gave him $15 & the driver said it is $20 flat rate. I called to report him & his company said there are no flat rates---only metered. I was advised to next time get the cab number on the side of the vehicle. Getting a picture like the poster above suggested is a great idea!

The meter read around $12. We gave him $15 & the driver said it is $20 flat rate. I called to report him & his company said there are no flat rates---only metered. I was advised to next time get the cab number on the side of the vehicle. Getting a picture like the poster above suggested is a great idea!

YIKES ...yes a photo is a good idea ...will also start doing that

it is not something you think about usually