Celebrity Summit Royal Suite

MGK

Booked for a Royal Suite sailing to Bermuda on 8/24/14. Can anyone offer any insights/personal experiences relative to Royal Suites and their amenities on the Summit? Cheers.

Everything you need to know about the royal on Summit is here:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-summit#Staterooms/ships/celebrity-summit/staterooms/stateroom-subtype-sm-rs

Missing from the list is Michael's Club access, reserved for Celebrity duties and higher only. Complimentary drinks, canapés and sometimes specialized entertainment ind invitations.

Only other amenity is the Embarkation Lunch in Normandie that is unique to Summit this summer on her Bermuda sailings.

You can ask your butler to swap out the liquors for your specific preferences if you have a premium drink package, some have had luck without.

I've sailed an an array of X suites, including the Royal on M class, so if you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask.

What is the veranda like? Is the hot tub merely a jet bathtub?

Our last two cruises to Bermuda (2012, 2013) were in RS 6139 on the Summit. We loved it so much the first time, we booked it again the following year.

Plenty of room, very relaxing.

One of my husbands favorite things on a cruise is his balcony to hang out on with a drink and his Bose listening to music, and he was very happy with the one in this suite. It is quite large, accommadating a dining table and 4 chairs and also two loungers and a small side table.

The "hot tub" is not really that. It is a jetted tub, comfortable for one.

Two people in it would be very tight.

Enjoy your cruise!

The BOSE speaker has the 32 pin iPhone connection, so need to bring a 32 pin to lighting adapter to use it, or bring your own typical headphone jack to headphone jack type cord to use it.

I left the whirlpool (non heated) full when not in use, and asked butler and steward to leave that way. That way when I wanted to use it I'd fill with full hot water displacing the cooled war saving some time filling it to use.

And don't forget theres a seperate jetted whirlpool in the bathroom too. such tough choices, which whirlpool shall I use today...? LOL

I will have to ask my wife our cabin number. All I know is it is a Royal Suite on deck 6. We had a suite last year w/butler but not a "Royal" suite. Decided to make the move up for this trip. We are mid 40s and traveling with our 10 year old daughter.

How do I sign up for some of the Cruise Critic gatherings prior to departure on 8/24?

I apologize ahead for all these questions. I am not a "seasoned" blogger and have some trouble navigating this website. Cheers.

Edited by MGK

I will have to ask my wife our cabin number. All I know is it is a Royal Suite on deck 6. We had a suite last year w/butler but not a "Royal" suite. Decided to make the move up for this trip. We are mid 40s and traveling with our 10 year old daughter.

How do I sign up for some of the Cruise Critic gatherings prior to departure on 8/24?

I apologize ahead for all these questions. I am not a "seasoned" blogger and have some trouble navigating this website. Cheers.

Go to top right of main Celebrity page and click on roll calls. Look for Summit and then your date. Also, at top right is a link to Celebrity Meet and Mingle, you can sign up for Celebrity party thrown by the ship.

Edited by dkjretired

There are only 8 Royal Suites on the ship, and they're all basically in the same area of the ship. I was unable to sign up for the gathering, so after nearly a month of trying, I email a contact at Celebrity and asked him to sign me up. He sent a message to the ship for me. You should get an email from the Michael's Concierge next week, you could ask the to make sure you get an invite.

See you onboard

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Is there a separate entrance for the bathroom, or is entry only through the bedroom?

Do you have any Royal Suite photos that you could share?

On M class (as Summit is) you enter the master suite area thru a passage. to the left is the bed behind a door, straight ahead is the master closet with door, to the right is a door and the bathroom.

So you have to walk into the master suite, will see the maser bed off to the left between it and the living space as well the bathroom within it.

Think of the space as having 1 standard cabin as living room, and master suite/bathroom as a second cabin, with a door separating them.

On S class, there is a second "powder bath" right by the entry door. But M class has only 1 bathroom.

Edited by cle-guy

On M class (as Summit is) you enter the master suite area thru a passage. to the left is the bed behind a door, straight ahead is the master closet with door, to the right is a door and the bathroom.

So you have to walk into the master suite, will see the maser bed off to the left between it and the living space as well the bathroom within it.

Think of the space as having 1 standard cabin as living room, and master suite/bathroom as a second cabin, with a door separating them.

On S class, there is a second "powder bath" right by the entry door. But M class has only 1 bathroom.

I hear there is a complimentary brunch for Suite guests in Normandie on departure day. We are in a Royal Suite, but my in-laws are in a sky suite. Are they also eligible for the brunch at Normandie?

I hear there is a complimentary brunch for Suite guests in Normandie on departure day. We are in a Royal Suite, but my in-laws are in a sky suite. Are they also eligible for the brunch at Normandie?

Only on Summit does this benefit exist, and I believe yes Sky Suites are included.

Guests in suites will be given a welcome envelope, at checkin inside are the particulars related to each suite.

They will not however have access to Michaels Lounge as you will, you can not even invite them as your guest.

Hello

We stayed in infinity suite 6133 through the panama canal and rojilio was our butler I probably got the spelling wrong on his name. He served us breakfast in our room every day. I think I saw lunch and dinner could be served now. But not breakfast tell me that's not true. Was Kim your Michaels club concierge. She was fantastic.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Forums mobile app

Hello

We stayed in infinity suite 6133 through the panama canal and rojilio was our butler I probably got the spelling wrong on his name. He served us breakfast in our room every day. I think I saw lunch and dinner could be served now. But not breakfast tell me that's not true.

You could and can have all meals served in your room regardless of whether you are in a suite or not.

There are only 8 Royal Suites on the ship, and they're all basically in the same area of the ship. I was unable to sign up for the gathering, so after nearly a month of trying, I email a contact at Celebrity and asked him to sign me up. He sent a message to the ship for me. You should get an email from the Michael's Concierge next week, you could ask the to make sure you get an invite.

See you onboard

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hello, I took your advice. We received an email from the Michaels Club concierge today, so I sent a request to him to add us to any Cruise Critic gatherings.

Mike K

Hello, I took your advice. We received an email from the Michaels Club concierge today, so I sent a request to him to add us to any Cruise Critic gatherings.

Mike K

I received my email today as well. See you onboard.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Mike, may I ask a favor? Would you inquire in Michael's about martinis? I'm curious whether they mix varieties, i.e., appletinis, bellinis, lemon drops -- or if they just offer them straight-up.....

Would appreciate knowing ahead - I sail in October in an RS. Many thanks!

Mike, may I ask a favor? Would you inquire in Michael's about martinis? I'm curious whether they mix varieties, i.e., appletinis, bellinis, lemon drops -- or if they just offer them straight-up.....

Would appreciate knowing ahead - I sail in October in an RS. Many thanks!

I will ask for you. I am not a martini guy. Truth is, I am a Blue Ribbon (PBR) beer guy.

On infinity in April they would make anything you want if they did not have ingredients they would get them. Andrea was the best bar tender. They would make you drinks to take to dinner. She sent me off to dinner with full bottle 750ml specialty beer.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Forums mobile app