Wine Packages - Pay Corkage?

Djptcp

If we purchase one of the wine packages like Admiral (7 bottles for $$), do we also have to pay the $18 corkage fee per bottle? The 15% gratuity is already included in the purchase price of the package, but it doesn't say anything about still having to pay a corkage fee.

If we purchase one of the wine packages like Admiral (7 bottles for $$), do we also have to pay the $18 corkage fee per bottle? The 15% gratuity is already included in the purchase price of the package, but it doesn't say anything about still having to pay a corkage fee.

No additional corkage.

Corkage, by definition, is a fee paid for the service of a guest's own wine at an establishment. When you buy wine from the establishment, their markup pays for the cost.

Corkage, by definition, is a fee paid for the service of a guest's own wine at an establishment. When you buy wine from the establishment, their markup pays for the cost.

Reading it that way it actually makes the corkage quite good value when you consider most of the wine list is made up of pretty average supermarket wine with hilarious mark up.

Its probably better value buying a cpl of decent wines in every port and paying the corkage (but is this only for cabin use ?)

Reading it that way it actually makes the corkage quite good value when you consider most of the wine list is made up of pretty average supermarket wine with hilarious mark up.

Its probably better value buying a cpl of decent wines in every port and paying the corkage (but is this only for cabin use ?)

No. Once you have paid corkage, you may drink your wine in the restaurants or bars. The room consumption restriction applies only to the "free" allotment - the one bottle per person that may be brought on free of charge.

Supermarket wine? Not in our state. We have to go to a state liquor store to buy wines and alcohol and a different store to buy beer. Prices are much higher than those of you that are lucky to be able to go to a supermarket and get your alcohol and wines.

The taxes on our alcohol and wine are high as we are still paying for the 1936 Johnstown flood.

Supermarket wine? Not in our state. We have to go to a state liquor store to buy wines and alcohol and a different store to buy beer. Prices are much higher than those of you that are lucky to be able to go to a supermarket and get your alcohol and wines.

The taxes on our alcohol and wine are high as we are still paying for the 1936 Johnstown flood.

Don't forget to explain the part about how you have to go to a bar or restaurant to buy less than a case of beer. You can buy one or two six packs, but not from a beer store.

If you want three six packs, you have to take a friend to the bar - or make two trips. Pennsylvania is awesome for alcohol. (I can say this. I was born there. ;) )

I appreciate the information. DH and I still think it's less expensive for us to buy our own wine at home and bring it on board and pay the $18. Their wine charges are so high for some very mediocre wines. We drive to the ports, so easy to take with us.

I am not a beer drinker, but you can now buy beer in some grocery stores in Pittsburgh. For a short period of time you could buy wine out of a machine (limited selection), but only during hours that the state store was open and you needed to insert an id. You then paid a surcharge (I forget how much). It made a whole lot more sense for us to go the state store, that was across the street!!! Got to love PA!!!

Having lived in Pittsburgh most of my life, I can totally relate. The selection of wine and liquor is pathetic and the prices are outrageous. Thank you PALCB! I say thank you because if I had a store near me like the Total Wine & More in Ft Lauderdale, I'd be a stark raving alcoholic by now. LOL :D

I feel your pain. Ever been to Utah? :)