Late reservations for specialty dining on Allure

Hi! So we sail in less than 3 weeks, DH and I finally decided that we want to do specialty dining on 3 nights. We want to do Chops, Giovanni's, and 150 Central Park (or Chef's Table). Of course we have waited late, and most of the nights have reservations available at 9pm and 9:30pm only. We do not mind eating that late, and two of those nights are port days where we are not back on the ship until later. However, our concern is will the venue be deserted and we be completely rushed through our meals? Is 9pm perfectly acceptable for reservations? If not, should we wait until we get on the ship to reservations? We are thinking since they are offering specialty reservations at those slots that this should be OK, but wanted to hear other's experiences.

The Chef's Table is not available in the cruise planner, so we will try to book that instead of 150 Central Park while on board.

Thanks in advance for the advice! :)

I'd wait and make reservations as soon as you board. You can probably get better times.

Thanks… I would love any time between 7:30-8pm but I know that is a popular time. We are flexible about which venue on which night, so may just do that and cross our fingers.

We just came back on the Allure in July. One of our specialty dinner was at 8:30 (we're from west coast) and the restaurant was full and humming.

Wait till you board and there will be specialty dinning staff on the Promenade to help you and offer 20/30/40% off the cover charge for multiple specialty restaurant reservations.

You do not have to wait to book in your cabin, you can book directly when you board. They hold back a certain percentage of bookings for those who (as odd as it may sound on these boards) do not use computers to access their reservations.

You do not have to wait to book in your cabin, you can book directly when you board. They hold back a certain percentage of bookings for those who (as odd as it may sound on these boards) do not use computers to access their reservations.

Thanks, how would one go about this? Would I go straight to the venue or is there a central place where I can book all of the reservations? Is that the specialty dining table set up in the Promenade mentioned above?

Thanks, how would one go about this? Would I go straight to the venue or is there a central place where I can book all of the reservations? Is that the specialty dining table set up in the Promenade mentioned above?

Go straight to the venue.