Group Services Coordinator?

chiefy_mom

I've contacted the Access Desk about my son's multiple food allergies and was told to meet with the "group services coordinator" to introduce myself and discuss meal prep.

But she didn't answer my question as to where/how I meet with this person.

Any tips from the CC gurus?

I'm sailing on the Pearl on Sunday. Can't wait!!!

I've contacted the Access Desk about my son's multiple food allergies and was told to meet with the "group services coordinator" to introduce myself and discuss meal prep.

But she didn't answer my question as to where/how I meet with this person.

Any tips from the CC gurus?

I'm sailing on the Pearl on Sunday. Can't wait!!!

When you board on Sunday, go to the Guest Services Counter(mid-ship Deck 7 lobby) and ask to speak to the Group Services Coordinator. They will be more than happy to meet with you. The Pearl is a great ship with a wonderful staff. You will have a great time.

Typically, the GSC is either working on or around the Customer Service desk or in their office which is located fairly close to the desk.

Be sure to keep their contact information available and update them with any issues you have when you have them. We have always found them to be very helpful and responsive.

Have a wonderful trip!

Contacting the GSC as early as possible will make your first dinner a good experience. My mother needs a low-salt diet. Pre-cruise we notified the Access Desk. We were told then the GSC would contact us as soon as we got on the ship. At our first dinner, in the MDR, we had not yet been contacted, so we asked about how the system worked. They told us that there are two servers who take on the extra duty to coordinate special diets. Felicitas was our main contact. We would talk with her as soon as the menus were out and she was very good at knowing the ingredients and what needed to be pre-ordered and what could be ordered at the table with low salt. She was also familiar with all the specialty restaurants' menus, and was able to help us pre-order those meals as well.

Looking back I realize this doesn't exactly answer the OP's original question, but I hope it helps some. :o

• 3 years later...

I want to know if, FROM EXPERIENCE, anyone can verify this statement concerning small, Cruise Critics members privately arranged tours. I find it hard to believe that the ship would assign a staff member to assist a NON NCL tour group of the ship because one member has Platinum status.

Not everyone is Platinum and in tender ports it is greatly helpful for those and it also gets a tour off at a good start time and you can be assured your group is together.

We have a group coordinator on board who, even in ports we do not tender in, will take groups off ahead of the regular lines. It can be a huge time saver. You also can be assured that your group is together.

I want to know if, FROM EXPERIENCE, anyone can verify this statement concerning small, Cruise Critics members privately arranged tours. I find it hard to believe that the ship would assign a staff member to assist a NON NCL tour group of the ship because one member has Platinum status.

Never mind