Upgrade or not

lucksak

Princess sent a e-mail. We booked M115 BZ on the Royal They upgraded us to E439 BV. Would you take this upgrade or decline

Ciao

lucksak

I would move to E439 because my wife is very susceptible to all types of motion sickness and a lower midship location would be better than the upper deck forward cabin. A negative for some people is that you'd have to use the elevator because the midship stairways are only finished for passenger use to deck 7 except in emergency.

Princess sent a e-mail. We booked M115 BZ on the Royal They upgraded us to E439 BV. Would you take this upgrade or decline

Ciao

lucksak

I would not do this. M115 is up high with a great view. According to cruisedeckplans although the cabin is designated as obstructed due to a solid railing, the railing is in fact a regular glass railing. This area of the ship is quiet with few passersby in the hallway. I have stayed in both an inside and a mini suite on Marina deck at the front of the ship and loved it. It is darker at night for star gazing as well. It is way forward though and you may walk a lot to get midship or aft. And if there are rough seas this won't be the best location if you have motion sickness.

According to Renmar's obstructed view website, E439 doesn't have an obstruction when looking straight out with a slight obstruction toward the aft. It is down low and you will be looking at lifeboats even if straight forward is not obstructed. Noise could also be an issue because the cabin entrance is in the elevator lobby.

Here is the link to Renmar's website:

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home

Someone else has posted a picture from the side of all the cabins but I don't have a quick link to it.

Edited by yoyosma

I wouldn't want E439 because the directly outside the cabin door is the entrance to the elevator area. I would think there might be a little more noise and traffic than I would want right outside my cabin door.

Edited by ar1950

Ciao

lucksak

I would say no. And here is why.

The only positive to accepting the upgrade is the E 439 stateroom is mid ship, therefore if prone to sea sickness, that is a better location.

The negatives of accepting it:

1. No center staircase, so for steps you will have to walk front or rear, or use the elevator all of the time.

2. M115 is so much closer to the lido deck, yet is under staterooms so you won't have deck noise. The Lido deck is where all the outdoor action is, pools, hut tubs, etc. Also closer to Horizon Court, Bistro, and Terrace.

3. M115 One set of steps away from arguably the best pizza at sea.

4. M115 is only 2 decks from The Sanctuary, and The Retreat Pool.

5. M115 will have a Great Unobstructed View. You will enjoy the balcony much more on M115 than on E439. On E439 you will be looking at lifeboats, which are very important, but they will be blocking your view.

I would keep M115, but ultimately it is your choice. Hopefully others will offer their opinions.

Good Luck and enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the replies. They were very helpful. We have to quickly make up our minds because were going away tomorrow and final payment is coming up very soon. Found a TA that is offering a lower price and OBC. Now I have a site to check before booking a cabin.

Thanks for the replies. They were very helpful. We have to quickly make up our minds because were going away tomorrow and final payment is coming up very soon. Found a TA that is offering a lower price and OBC. Now I have a site to check before booking a cabin.