Aaaaand I don't think I can take this ship seriously anymore

I love the way RCCL are pushing the boundaries of traditional cruising. I am 59, and also a recent addition to the cruising experience but the choice of complimentary restaurants, on board activities, 270 and it's use of technology etc give me additional options. Yes I might not enjoy them all but others will find something that adds to their enjoyment and seeing others having a great time just adds to the vibe onboard.

Personally the things that I enjoyed the most on my previous cruises still remain and now there is even more variety to choose from. I enjoyed the artwork on Celebrity Reflection and if the bear is an example of what is to come in the rest of the ship I am thinking that there will always be something of interest or something that evokes a reaction on Quantum. Can't wait to get on board.

i love the way rccl are pushing the boundaries of traditional cruising. ...... If the bear is an example of what is to come in the rest of the ship i am thinking that there will always be something of interest or something that evokes a reaction on quantum. Can't wait to get on board.

hear hear!!

Hello Jannanjohn.. and the sculptor artist is from Australia originally.:) I did a search on him and like his work.

any cruises on Quantum for you?

Hi back.:D yes Emmy, we are on the 3rd leg of the 53 dayer next yr..the one that starts in Dubai ends in Singapore

can't wait.

I imagine you will be with the Captains table for the inaugural...lol;)

saw you on the dining youtube..it was great.!

ps..just looked at your sig..I was right..haha.

Edited by jannandjohn

BTW he is not the first bear to make his way to the deck of a cruise ship. Attached is a pic I took of CELEBRITY CONSTELLATION in Turkey.

I was next door on the QUEEN ELIZABETH at the time. Anyway the bear on CONSTELLATION is carrying a fish, and of course he is not bright pink! LOL

10697382816_266fb0f7c3_c.jpg

The 'bear' on Celebrity Constellation looks more like king kong to me.

I don't think Royal necessarily wanted to eliminate Viking Crown, but there just wasn't enough room. They probably thought Two70 was a good replacement. To fit all the innovations that they wanted, it probably just wasn't possible and may have even made the top deck look like too much was going on. I don't think Royal wants to give up the VCL, it looks to still be on Oasis III.

About it relating to the S class ships, I feel like a lot of the new builds (NCL Breakaway/Getaway, TUI Mein Schiff 3, Royal/Regal Princess) have the same similar design with the hull being wider then the balconies and what not, not just the Quantum and Solstice Classes.

Edit: I can totally understand why you are saying that it is a repurposed Solstice ship.

I read a thread yesterday that the Oasis will be replacing the Viking lounge during dry dock. Turning the entire area into the suite concierge lounge, suite dining and added suites. The current concierge lounge would become staterooms.

This is sad news if it's true.

I read a thread yesterday that the Oasis will be replacing the Viking lounge during dry dock. Turning the entire area into the suite concierge lounge, suite dining and added suites. The current concierge lounge would become staterooms.

This is sad news if it's true.

They're replacing the Pinnacle Lounge and the Pinnacle Chapel, which are smaller rooms next to the VCL. The VCL will stay.