How much to tip the HMC Oasis staff?

LoriSan

We will be in the Oasis in 2 weeks (can I say how excited I am????!!) I understand that the bartender is around all day, the chef for a little while, and I don't know who else? There will be 8 adults and 4 children. How much would you recommend for tips? Do you hang it all over at once and let them split, or tip each individually?

We will be in the Oasis in 2 weeks (can I say how excited I am????!!) I understand that the bartender is around all day, the chef for a little while, and I don't know who else? There will be 8 adults and 4 children. How much would you recommend for tips? Do you hang it all over at once and let them split, or tip each individually?

Our daughter did it in April, I will ask her what she tipped.

We did this in June, it was great... that said, we found that the bartender and I guess you would call her a butler(she kind of cleaned around and took care of what ever little things needed to be done) did alot for us and we tipped each of them as well as the cook. There was 10 of us and we gave the bartender 50.00 and the cook and the girl 25 each. There was also a security person and life guard, but we did not tip them. Dont know if that is right, wrong or too cheap but that is what we did. I think you will really enjoy this, we had a great time. It was the best excursion I have every done.

I am trying to remember what I added to the bill at the end of the day, we were all feeling VERY good, by the time we headed back. I seem to recall I added 20% or so the cost.

We had 16 people total, everyone agreed that even though it was the 1st stop on the trip we could have gone right back to Miami & it still would have been the best time we have ever had!

Enjoy!

I am trying to remember what I added to the bill at the end of the day, we were all feeling VERY good, by the time we headed back. I seem to recall I added 20% or so the cost.

We had 16 people total, everyone agreed that even though it was the 1st stop on the trip we could have gone right back to Miami & it still would have been the best time we have ever had!

Enjoy!

why would there be a bill at the end of the day? It is already paid for as an excursion and food and drinks are included.

One of the best days of a cruise we have ever had...you will love it!! Been three times...but cannot actually remember...thinking 50.00-75.00? Also think we did tip security and life guard extra...

Also if you ask..you can get someone from the spa to come and do massages..they have a special area for that...and think they will work with you...like 10 minutes for 20.00 or 20 for 40.00...cannot quite remember but several of us took advantage of that..think they stayed for an hour or so.

We've had it twice. Love, love, love it! There is a hostess that stays there most of the day, the chef, a cabana steward (cleans, replenishes towels, etc.), the bartender, and a lifeguard. We tipped the bartender and hostess $40 each and the steward and chef $20 each. There was more than one lifeguard that would rotate in and out so we didn't bother tipping him/her.