Arriving at port

I just wondering how early I can arrive at the Over Seas Terminal. We have to be out of our rented apartment by 10 am. Rhapsody sails at 6:30 pm. I like to get onboard as early as possible anyway. Thanks for any info on this!

OMG! I leave home for this trip in 69 days! :eek:

SO EXCITED!!!! :D

Baggage drop off starts around 8:15 - 8:30am and check in around 11:00 ish but due to the renovations at the OPT we will,I think, have to enforce the staggered check in times a bit more this season. What deck are you on as this will determine your time although if you are A Crown & Anchor member you can check in any time once it is started.

As I've reported before, my Set Sail pass shows after 1.00 before I'm able to board to check out my Junior Suite.

Suggest you also check what boarding time is showing on your SSPass.

Gae

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As I've reported before, my Set Sail pass shows after 1.00 before I'm able to board to check out my Junior Suite.

Suggest you also check what boarding time is showing on your SSPass.

Gae

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Gae

If you are in a suite you will have priority check in and can check in at whatever time suits you and as you have cruised with Royal before I would assume you are in Crown & Anchor so you would have priority anyway so whatever time check in starts ...go for it.

I am also a bit confused about the later stagger times you mentioned in one of your earlier posts, I was in the office the other day and mentioned it to them and as far as they have been advised by RCCL ( which was only a couple of days earlier) staggered check in times are the same as last year.

By the way Dancinman66 baggage drop off starts at 8:15 - 8:30 depending on how quickly the debarking passengers bags are unloaded and one of the baggage guys is available to start drop off.

Edited by gbenjo

Baggage drop off starts around 8:15 - 8:30am and check in around 11:00 ish but due to the renovations at the OPT we will,I think, have to enforce the staggered check in times a bit more this season. What deck are you on as this will determine your time although if you are A Crown & Anchor member you can check in any time once it is started.

This is our 1st Royal Caribbean cruise so not C & A members yet. I just wasn't sure what to expect, different cruise line, different country, different port.

We are in a JS, deck 8. I think by the time we get out of our rental unit and to the port, it will be 10:30 - 11 am. Good idea to drop off luggage and wander about. Thanks for all your input. As always, CC members on this board are wonderful!:)

Edited by RumpunchGirl

Gae

If you are in a suite you will have priority check in and can check in at whatever time suits you and as you have cruised with Royal before I would assume you are in Crown & Anchor so you would have priority anyway so whatever time check in starts ...go for it.

I am also a bit confused about the later stagger times you mentioned in one of your earlier posts, I was in the office the other day and mentioned it to them and as far as they have been advised by RCCL ( which was only a couple of days earlier) staggered check in times are the same as last year.

By the way Dancinman66 baggage drop off starts at 8:15 - 8:30 depending on how quickly the debarking passengers bags are unloaded and one of the baggage guys is available to start drop off.

Interesting! Perhaps it's a case of an IT "blip" - who knows?

Gae

This is our 1st Royal Caribbean cruise so not C & A members yet. I just wasn't sure what to expect, different cruise line, different country, different port.

We are in a JS, deck 8. I think by the time we get out of our rental unit and to the port, it will be 10:30 - 11 am. Good idea to drop off luggage and wander about. Thanks for all your input. As always, CC members on this board are wonderful!:)

I am sure you will have a great cruise and will enjoy the sail out of the harbour, but if possible see if you can get a ferry over to Manly and get a slightly different perspective as well as see an iconic beach (BTW, it is not the beach by the manly dock, just follow the crowds).:D

I am sure you will have a great cruise and will enjoy the sail out of the harbour, but if possible see if you can get a ferry over to Manly and get a slightly different perspective as well as see an iconic beach (BTW, it is not the beach by the manly dock, just follow the crowds).:D

Manly is definitely on our agenda. We have 5 days pre-cruise in Sydney. Once we arrive we will check out the weather forecast and proceed from there. We leave in 60 days!

Manly is definitely on our agenda. We have 5 days pre-cruise in Sydney. Once we arrive we will check out the weather forecast and proceed from there. We leave in 60 days!

The next two months will fly by. Have a great visit here before your wonderful cruise.:D

The coffee shop at the museum of contemporary art is a nice place for coffee. Directly where the ship docks and usually with great harbour views, though they may be partially blocked by that pesky ship!

Sent from my iPad using Forums