Denied Stockholder Credit...

I Love NC

I applied for RCI Shareholder OBC Credit several weeks ago via USPS. I haven't heard anything. My cruise begins in a few days.

Does this mean I was approved?

How have you heard that you got it, or that your request was denied? Should I have received an email or a letter? Will it just show up on my onboard account if it has been approved?

I would e-mail shareholder benefits with your booking ID # and sailing details and ask for confirmation.

shareholderbenefit@rccl.com

I have no issue whatsoever with the policy of not allowing "stacked" discounts and Perks. Many retailers don't (I'mm a retailer with 3 small stores so get it) it's the EXCEPTION not the RULE to allow stacked benefits.

You pick what works for you.

The Shareholder perks are the least useful benefit I have found, but they are awesome to use for last minute bookings and when nothing else applies.

I just got $100 for my 7 night bermuda sailing in an inside where no 123 applies (for several reSons: due to close-in booking, GTY booking, highly discounted booking and no 123 applies to insides) that I just booked Monday. I emailed my Shareholder request around 10:30 am monday, and at 2pm, they emailed me back that they had applied it to my account.

And used it on my Trsnsatlantic.

The Shareholder Credit is just 1 of many discount and promotional tools in our cruising tool box. You can't ever use all your tools a the same time, just the tool that's appropriate for the job at hand.

As a shareholder, why on earth would I want to make a policy of allowing lots of perks and discounts, taking cash out of the financials...I'd far prefer limiting such promotions and discounts to reasonable uses as they have done with the policy now in place.

Thanks for the advice.

Once again, my request was denied because of the fare I'm paying.

I wish they would have told me this after I submitted the request a month ago.

Until I followed your advice and contacted them yesterday, I had no answer.