Drink package

My generation: 60's rebelled against any standards and now we have a delightful entitlement society with the word "cheating" not even in the

vocabulary of the culture

How true. I'm glad I raised my boys (they're 28 and 30) with a sense of responsibility and ethics.:D

As for breaking even, for most people it's really difficult to do so which is RCI's goal since they are looking to maximize profit just like any other business. DH might have one drink a day on a cruise and if I have 3-4 it's a lot so the package is way over what we could possibly spend.

As for breaking even, for most people it's really difficult to do so which is RCI's goal since they are looking to maximize profit just like any other business.

I'm sailing on MSC in a few weeks and I am 99% sure I'm going to try their premium package. It includes all alcohol, of course, but, also bottled water, juice, specialty coffees. milkshakes, gelato, pastries, and the contents of the mini bar, which includes beer, vodka, gin, etc. :)

Hmm, a forum for questions, answers and discussions re-cruising and your response is "other holiday options"? Perhaps you should think of other forum options where popcorn isn't required.

Don't mind the grump, :confused: this place is full of them. The general opinion here is that a single drink package is for one and that any sharing of said drink package is stealing, which is punishable by condemnation, ostracisation, verbal flagellation :eek: (with concomitant mouth froth) and a few nasty terms involving dodgy ancestors. Oh and you will be excluded from group hugs, that's a given.

In reality though it is frowned upon by RCI and considered to be against the spirit in which the package is sold, which may result in a reprimand from a ships officer and an immediate demand that your partner drink both drinks instead of just the one. So my advice is be prepared and always have two straws handy so he can consume both drinks at once.

Also welcome to CC, and now that you have discovered that asking questions about drink packages is fraught with danger I might suggest you steer clear of topics involving, tipping, auto-gratuities, alcohol smuggling, shorts in the MDR and queuing for anything as well.

On the plus side there are 3 types of alcoholic drink packages available, so if you want to avoid consumer wrath, there may be a cheaper one that suits your needs.

I hope you have a fantastic cruise though, Royal Caribbean really is a great product. Remember, it's your vacation, enjoy it as you wish :)

"Shorts in the MDR" this make me LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sailing on MSC in a few weeks and I am 99% sure I'm going to try their premium package. It includes all alcohol, of course, but, also bottled water, juice, specialty coffees. milkshakes, gelato, pastries, and the contents of the mini bar, which includes beer, vodka, gin, etc. :)

How much is theirs? I would think easier to break even with all that.

Wow, first post LOL. Either you're trolling or you're afraid to post using your real screen name.

I just joined today and I'm not so sure what you're talking about. Mostly, I've seen nice posts from folks, but some just plain rude. Sorry you're so miserable! I'm not trolling and this is my screen name, either way, why should it matter to you? Thanks for welcoming me! Done!

I just joined today and I'm not so sure what you're talking about. Mostly, I've seen nice posts from folks, but some just plain rude. Sorry you're so miserable! I'm not trolling and this is my screen name, either way, why should it matter to you? Thanks for welcoming me! Done!

Sure, whatever. Miserable? Not by a long shot. First time posters usually ask a question about cruising and don't come on guns a blazing about something they don't know and call people snobs, but okay.

Edited by BND

How true. I'm glad I raised my boys (they're 28 and 30) with a sense of responsibility and ethics.:D

As for breaking even, for most people it's really difficult to do so which is RCI's goal since they are looking to maximize profit just like any other business. DH might have one drink a day on a cruise and if I have 3-4 it's a lot so the package is way over what we could possibly spend.

I don't think for most people who buy the package it is difficult to break even at all. I buy the ultimate package and have no problem drinking that much. Between the two glasses of OJ in the morning, several cups of frilly coffee during the day, a few bottles of water, and 3 or 4 or 5 adult beverages during dinner and the shows RCI does not make money on my package. That is the best thing about the packages; if you don't think it is worth it to you then don't buy it. But for some of us it is a great deal.

I don't think for most people who buy the package it is difficult to break even at all. I buy the ultimate package and have no problem drinking that much. Between the two glasses of OJ in the morning, several cups of frilly coffee during the day, a few bottles of water, and 3 or 4 or 5 adult beverages during dinner and the shows RCI does not make money on my package. That is the best thing about the packages; if you don't think it is worth it to you then don't buy it. But for some of us it is a great deal.

Um, okay, glad you made sure I know that I shouldn't buy it. LOL. Several posters have reported back that they had a hard time getting close to breaking even. You are one person and maybe it works for you, but it doesn't for everyone. For a lot of people it's not a great deal. That's all I was saying, not sure why you took offense.

But, I think you'd be surprised. I'm betting RCI makes quite a bit off of the packages.

One thing several people have noted is they start strong but by day 3-4, they start losing ground because that's a lot of alcohol to be consuming day after day for most people.

Edited by BND