Allure Steam/Sauna

fish6

I have read many reviews and the information I have gathered is that the steam/sauna options are extra $$ for the Allure of the Seas which sucks :rolleyes: My DH still wants this option so I have been trying to locate under my cruise planner where to book this with no luck. Am I looking in the wrong place? Has anyone here booked this before that would be willing to share this information? Thank you.

I have read many reviews and the information I have gathered is that the steam/sauna options are extra $$ for the Allure of the Seas which sucks :rolleyes: My DH still wants this option so I have been trying to locate under my cruise planner where to book this with no luck. Am I looking in the wrong place? Has anyone here booked this before that would be willing to share this information? Thank you.

It was not available for pre-booking when we cruised on Allure. However, you can go to the Fitness Center upon boarding and they will set you up. I thought it was in the $150 range for the week.

I am no fan of having to pay for the thermal suite on Oasis/Allure, but since that kind of relaxation is a big part of cruising for me, I've done it. There's no great need to book in advance. Once you're on board, go down to the spa desk and sign up and you will get a sticker on your seapass. Are you both looking to do this? There is a couple's price for the week ($189 or $199, I believe, plus obligatory "gratuity").

There is a relaxation room in the spa area with ice water, but no real area to cool off, unless you go back to the locker room and can get a cool shower. The showers in the thermal suite (which are pretty neat: rain shower, mist, and waterfall) tend not to be cool. In fact, a couple of times I was nearly scalded by sudden temperature changes in those showers. The heated ceramic lounges are quite nice and relaxing, and there are times of day when the thermal suite is not crowded and you can enjoy quiet time there. But on our last Allure cruise, it was often very busy and noisy, which made it difficult to truly relax. On the last day, the several couples who had spent much time in there chatting and making noise all week long decided to take flash pictures of themselves in various poses for about 10 minutes! The sauna, steam room, and aromatherapy room are not large, and the steam room does not get hot unless you make sure to pull the door all the way shut.