Safes in cabins/suites ?

buckeye rob

Didn't see anywhere, but assume most cabins or suites have safes ? Sailing on Caribbean Princess. Thanks for info.

The ships all have safes. The ones we have seen have all been electronic. You enter your own 4 digit code to open and close it.

The ships all have safes. The ones we have seen have all been electronic. You enter your own 4 digit code to open and close it.

That is exactly what your safe will be like on Caribbean Princess.

Have a great cruise!

LuLu

The safe is a small box and can hold an iPad or similar tablet. Most do NOT hold full laptops. Ours on the Star Princess held the iPad, Canon camera, Folder of passport and travel papers and two wallets. The items were carefully stacked to fit and it was full.

If you are tossing in any loose items like jewelery, bring a zip lock to toss them in. It is far to easy for a nice ring to get 'lost' in the overhanging lip at the bottom.

And I work in this trade, so just to be clear Ship Security can open the safe. However, you room attendant and similar staff can not.

Later,

M

Some ships use a card of some sort as a key. Any card such as a credit card will do. Now that I think about it, that's kind of scary because it reads your cards and I don't know if it stores that info. Probably not, I guess I'm just being a little paranoid

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Some ships use a card of some sort as a key. Any card such as a credit card will do. Now that I think about it, that's kind of scary because it reads your cards and I don't know if it stores that info. Probably not, I guess I'm just being a little paranoid

It is any card with a black magnetic stripe. While it must read some of it and store

that to save for later since it must compare the next card with the last. I have never

seen this type of safe which keeps the data beyond that. If you are worried, take a

store loyalty card.

This type of safe is on its way out. Within the trade, I have never heard of the

card reader used as a data skimmer. This is not saying it has never happened

nor will be discovered next week, but they have been around for years and are

well tested.

The only ship I have ever been on that used a CC for the safe was Carnival. The other lines use a 4 digit code that you make yourself.

The only ship I have ever been on that used a CC for the safe was Carnival. The other lines use a 4 digit code that you make yourself.

Actually was on a RCCL ship 2 yrs ago (Rhapsody I think) and I used a CC on that safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A kindle would fit in a cabin safe, your meds, jewelry, passport, wallet and some small electronics (think cell phone, iPod and camera)

Yes, ALL the above will fit, not just one or two of the above but All of it.

A laptop won't fit and an iPad might be questionable.

In twenty years if cruising I have never had anything taken from my cabin and I have on occasion left things out or safe open. There is a first time for everything of course.

Your expensive belongings are more likely to be stolen by fellow passengers than by your cabin attendant. Be smart about not leaving "stuff " out in full view and make sure you actually check to make sure your cabin door is really closed... You need to pull to make sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums